Met Him In A Crowded Room

Start from the beginning

"Yeah. I'm just fucking dandy." I replied sarcastically, a scowl on my face. Though the man didn't seem to mind my attitude towards him, and stepped closer.

"Yeesh, okay. Well. W-where were you heading off to?" He had a little stutter in his voice. I turned to face him. He had a rather cute smile on his face, as much as I hated to admit.

"A business meeting for my freelancer job." He winced as he realized I missed my ride there, but then a smirk spread across his face.

"What are you smirking for?" I hissed at him. He wasn't phased by me. I had to just accept that. So I put the mean girl act away, and I held a straight face instead of a frown.

"Well. I c-could drive you there, better late than never." He smiled again. I mean, he wasn't wrong. Though, there was probably no point in going now, other than being yelled at by my client. Plus, I could lie that I was sick.

"No thanks. There's no point in going now." I checked my watch for the millionth time. 12:58 PM.

"Well, since I-I'm free and you're not busy anymore, you w-wanna head down to the nearby coffee shop with me? It's just down the road." The man asked, running his hand through his hair, pushing his fringe back.

Why not, I thought. My day was ruined, and maybe he could change it.

"Sure. But I never caught your name." The response spilled out of my mouth, making me sound desperate. Though, I didn't mind. He was a cutie.

"The name's Damon." He smiled again, but this time he showed his teeth. They were a bit wonky, but it added to the cuteness. "Yours?"

"Y/n."

"Cool name." Damon winked at me before gesturing for me to follow him. "We should get going love because I'm meeting my friends there."

"Alright." I picked my suitcase back up. We started to walk, bumping into people from time to time. We had to stop once someone ran into me, causing me to yelp and fall backwards.

"Y/n! A-Are you alright?" Damon grabbed my hand, helping me up. His hand was warm and comforting, making a slight blush spread across my cheeks.

"Y-yeah. Some asshole ran into me." I rubbed my shoulder, wincing a bit. Damon watched me with concern in his eyes. We sat in silence until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Oi. I'm so sorry for running into you. I wasn't paying attention." I looked up to see the man who ran into me. He was taller than Damon, with dark hair that had a fringe by his eyes, his eyes were brown, his cheekbones were fairly defined and he had a handsome jawline. He was pretty as well.

"Oh uh, all is forgiven. Um, I should've been paying attention as well." I awkwardly chuckled.

"It's Alex." He stuck his hand out. I took it and shook it with joy.

"Y/n."