He grabs that clipboard of his from the side of his desk and places it in front of him.

“Well let’s see. If you do indeed have a cigarette in your possession, I can get you thrown out of the center and I don’t think your management would like that very much would they?”

The room stays quiet for a while.

“I don’t have any.”

He leans himself over slightly, putting his hands on top of the surface of his desk and he makes them hold one another.

“Prove it.”

I don’t understand why he fucking thinks I would pull that shit again. I’m so close. So fucking close to getting out of this place and I can’t comprehend why he would even think I would fuck up my chance of freedom by pulling out a cigarette just to aggravate him.

Besides, I haven’t even smoked in this place for weeks. I usually just take my smokes and leave them in the rental and I know that he’s noticed.

However, I decide to comply with this shit head and I unstuff all of my pockets to prove my innocence when I stroll over to his desk.

I pull out the car keys and my phone from my right, my fingers wiggling the keys in front of his face before placing them on his desk just in case he wants to check to see if there are any specs of the non existent cocaine I smoked left.

The bugger actually does grab them and he observes them as if he were inspector Clouseau or some shit.

I just roll my eyes, trying to sustain myself as I continue on.

My hand pulls out some lint and a paper clip, the remaining items from the pockets in the back.

“What about the left pocket.”

I scowl at his words and open my mouth to say something until I feel my fingertips touch the napkin.

Fuck.

Why do I have to fucking bring it with me everyday.

I think he notices my change of mood since he does this weird eyebrow thing that makes him look as if he’s thinking Gotcha.

Prick.

“That’s all I have.” I lie, refusing to pull out the quilted serviette.

“What’s in that pocket, Mr. Tomlinson?”

My lips separate for a second, but quickly close as my eyes dart to my keys. I grab them and begin placing them back in its place.

“It’s nothing. Just a napkin. That’s all.” I state, not being able to look at the man.