Chapter 2- Under attack

"What is it?" Asked Thor. He stared at a odd circular stone that was glowing orange. Loki's eyes fixed on the object, both in fear and in awe.

"Nat found it right outside Fury's grave site in a sewer pipe. Don't know where it came from or even what it is" Tony explained "but it seemed asguardian-"

"Try alien" said Loki walking up to the stone "Asgard could only dream of having this power and technonlogy in their hands. To even comprehend what this can do is even out of my abilites."

Everyone stared at Loki for sometime. Tony chewing a pen and Bruce looking dumbstruck.

"And by that you mean?" Bruce cleared his throat, pushing up his glasses.

Loki sighed "to simplyfy it, this is alien, powerful alien tech. Its a alien weapon, part of five to unlock a ultimate weapon that can and will destory everything in its path."

"So....like a nuk" Tony asked with a bag of doritios in his hands, chomping them loudly and irritating Bruce and Loki with each chomp.

Loki and Thor looked at each other puzzled before looking at Tony "Whats that?"

Bruce shook his head at Tony "Tony..."

Tony chuckled "A Nuk is like a massive bomb."

Loki was quiet for sometime before speaking again "well, regardless of how much impact a 'nuk' can cause, these stones are soemthing best left sealed shut."

"Its alien, how can we not study it" Tony sneered.

"Trust me, you don't know-"

"Trust you?" Tony snorted "likewise, i know more than you ever will in this world, i know what i'm doing and thank you for your imput" Tony said arroganty. He turned around and picked up the pen he had been chewing on previously and walked toward the orange stone "Go back to your space jail, i can handle things here."

*****

"He's going to kill everyone" Loki murmmered walking with Thor on Broadway. Thor had suggested a small coffee shop near here to get a drink or two before leaving.

"What is that stone anyway?" Thor asked.

"An Infinity Stone" Loki said. Thor tensed up.

"Why didn't you say what it was when we were there" Thor demanded a little frustrated "I could have helped you and-"

"Stark still wouldn't listen, he's too bull headed to" Loki said with a sigh "its a pity that this world will perish."

"You're mourning Midgard's fall?" Thor said almost amused.

Loki fixed his eyes ont he sidewalk in front of him "for reasons...."

"Is it...Sky?" Thor smirked looking at Loki.

"Shut up" Loki hissed "No, its not. She's long gone and i've moved on."

"Then why Mourn Midgard's fall?" Thor asked.

 Loki paused for sometime before looking at an upcomming coffe shop "We're here." Loki managed to snake past the subject by using food as a distraction for Thor.

The Coffee shop was quite quirky. All orange and white with weird circular patterns on the walls, sets, even the workers aprons had these weird dots.

"What the-"

"Its quirky i know but, its cheaper and tastes better than starbucks" said Thor, he cleared his voice "for midguardian's anyway."

Loki scanned around. It wasn't that busy, like at all, only four other people sat at the circular tables, talking and murmmering about. Loki found this place quite odd. Not because it was mortal, no, it felt....odd.

He shook this feeling off realizing Thor had left him to order. As usual, Loki had to pretty much hit Thor with a baseball bat. Before Loki could put in his input, Thor had already ordered for him. Loki glared at Thor who smiled smug at him.

"What?" Thor asked.

"Nothing" Loki growled.

The two sat down, trying to have small talk.

"So..." Loki looked down.

"your small talk amuses me brother" Thor chuckled.

Loki frowned "well, you have to admit, its awkward trying to speak with you right now..."

"True, true, but, I feel that we should talk about more than this small talk" Thor said, his voice suddenly going low "have you been able to find anything with Sky yet?"

Loki looked at him surprised "w-why do you care?"

"Loki, we've known her since we were little, she's a good friend to us" Thor said "she wouldn't simply leave like this and leave no trace."

"I-I agree..." Loki said "she's got to be somewhere on Midgard...right?"

Thor looked down "I hope so..."

------------------------------

That morning, Loki woke bright and early. It was peaceful for once, but not for lone when Thor burst through the room, yelling at Loki.

Loki looked at him oddly and a little afraid.

"Loki!" Thor shouted.

"What the bloody hell are you doing? you'll wake the whole-"

"We've got an attack at avengers tower" Thor said. Before Loki could process what was going on, he was pulled out of the room and flown to the Avenger's tower.

The two were too late, everything was in shambles. Loki looked around, getting an eerie feeling.

"Stark! STARK!" Thor shouted.

There was a coughing sound and Steve and Natasha emerged, trying to hold Clint who was badly injured.

Thor raced up to them, Loki stood there, awkward as ever.

"Where's Stark?" Thor asked.

Steve coughed "d-don't know, he caused the damn blast."

"Who let him test alien tech?" Natasha growled.

Loki's stomach turned. Had Tony tried to unlock the secrets of the infinity stones or worse, touched them?

"Wow, WOW!" Tony's voice broke the dusty silence. He emerged out of the rubble with Bruce "look at THIS!"

"What the hell do you think your doing" Steve walked up to Tony "You could have killed us all!"

"It wasn't him" Bruce said quietly. Everyone turned and looked at him.

"What was it then?"

"That's the question" Tony said "all I saw was a flash then this..."

Loki stood there, the twins. He had watched hydra experiment on them with the stones, laughing at them while they did knowing for sure they'd die but, did they succeed? He kept his mouth quiet, for he wasn't sure and he didn't want to be held responsible for another disaster.

"Well, we better call Shield to help clean this mess up" Steve sighed.

"I'll check the security cams to see if we can see what happened" Natasha said "but one things for sure, we are under attack."

--------------------------------

Well, that wasn't too long of a chapter. Well I've been gone for sometime and thought I'd come back before school starts again. Well, I hope you guys liked this chapter! I am working on the next one as we speak so hopefully I'll have it out soon! As always, comment, vote and follow!