Chapter 24: Monster Mash

ابدأ من البداية

She nodded, feeling uncomfortable as she turned back to watch Rory. He didn't want her to feel awkward around him, so he put an arm around her and joined her, even taking some of her cotton candy. 

Rory: Out from his coffin, Drac's voice did ring. Seems he was troubled by just one thing. Opened the lid and shook his fist and said, "Whatever happened to my Transylvania Twist?"

Also watching the performance was Mandy, who was in awe by Rory's Frank Sinatra toned voice and could see the great potential in him. She was pretty into it until Sam broke her focus by howling right next to her ear. She pulled back, laughing and rubbing her ear in hopes that there wasn't any permanent damage.

"It's a full moon," Sam said very matter-of-fact, showing her his fake werewolf paws. 

"No it's not," Mandy told him, pointing up at the waxing quarter in the cloudy sky.

"Oh," he said, confused. "I must've been looking at a balloon or something. Anyway, how are you liking the party so far? Enjoying answer the question, 'And who are you supposed to be?' over and over again?"

Mandy rolled her eyes as she continued to watch Rory on-stage. "Believe it or not," she answered, "nobody has asked. It's quite obvious I'm a scientist."

"It looks more like you're a psychiatric nurse," he retorted.

"Because I've got to take care of you all day," she responded.

"Lame comeback," Sam told her as Blaine, who was wearing a James Bond outfit, appeared in front of them. "Speaking of lame, your costume is lame."

Blaine repressed a smile and said, "Nice to see you, too, Sam. And Mandy, you look great. You're a... scientist?"

"Yes!" Mandy exclaimed, giving Sam a knowing look as she hugged and greeted him properly. "How's New York treating you? Or better question, how are you treating New York?"

"It's great," he said. "I'm a little upset about leaving Kurt for the weekend but my brother Cooper was—"

"Hey, little brother!" Cooper exclaimed, arriving next to him and putting an arm around his shoulder in what was a pretty tight grip.

"Hi Cooper..." Blaine said. "It's been what, five minutes since we were last together?"

"It has!" Cooper nodded, his attention on Mandy. "And who is this?"

Mandy blushed at the way the handsome man smiled at him, so Sam, grabbed her and said, "Too young for you. We're out of here. See ya, Blaine!"

He dragged Mandy away jealously and Blaine watched them go. "You couldn't just let me spend time with my best friend," he said to Cooper, annoyed as he sulked away. 

On the stage, Rory and the girls were wrapping up their set.

Girls: Then you can mash

Rory: Then you can monster mash

Girls: The monster mash

Rory: And do my graveyard smash

Girls: Then you can mash

Rory: You'll catch on in a flash

Girls: Then you can mash

Rory: Then you can monster mash

The music ended and the girls struck 'scary' poses, while Rory took a bow. As they left the stage, Marley and John turned from them and headed for one of the booths, where Julie and Jake were talking to the vendor.