Crack my bones but my heart won't break now!

Start from the beginning

Nate gulps as he sees the man's face. Bruises, little cracks in the flesh of his lips and even some wounds with some blood. He stares at Nate with serious, angry, but also sad look.

But that what makes Nate freaking out is, that the man, looks exactly like him. He opens his mouth and mutters a few words very quietly. But Nate could hear it, and because of that he runs out of the room. 

"I'm you, I'm your past...I'm your future...your nightmare...your NateMare." this were the words that the man said. Or more: The words that NateMare said.

Nate blinded by disbelief and panic quickly walks down the hall. What does this mean? Why is NateMare still here? He needs a body, how could he appear by himself, without a body?

"Can you believe, in something that you can't even see?" Nate whispers to himself. But he wasn't sure if NateMare was even a halucination or not. 

The hallway ends in a small room with a table and two chairs, one on the right end of the table and one on the left side. Not wierd enough that they are standing there, even when nobody lives here. A bright light shines on the one on the left side, but it seems that it's not daylight. A big headlight shines on the chair. The other one, stays in the shadows of the room.

Nate sits down on the left chair and looks down at the table. Beaten down and tired. Why did NateMare say that? Why didn't he attack him when he had the chance? He could have finally broke Nate physically. Why didn't he take his chance?

"Because I'm you Nathan..." NateMare's voice echoes through the room. But not so sadistical like always. It was filled with Fear, Tiredness, Pain and Suffering. Nate looks up and sees NateMare standing behind the other chair. He sits down on the chair and stares at Nate with the same look like before. Anger, Serious but also Sadness. 

Nate leans back anxiously and raises one eyebrow.

"W-What do you mean with that?" he stutters the words.

"I'm your past, your future and with that, also you...we're part of something bigger than you and me." 

"...but why? I thought you're traveling from body to body and make stupid things with them!" Nate can't believe what NateMare just said. How could NateMare be his past, his future and with that, also him? 

"That was my original plan...but every demon has an end. And for me, the time arrived...and this, because you beated me. Whenever a demon loses against a human, the time has come for it to disappear. To be wiped away from history. I have no choice, in probably 5 minutes I will be gone. But you will have the bear the consequences."

"Why me!? What have I done to bear the consequences?"

"Because we are the same person. I always was chosen to be the demon inside of you. But I needed to get you. I needed to possess you. All the other victims....all the sacrifices...were only...for you. And now, that I'm dying, you're going to be free from me." 

For Nate is this too much. He stands up and stumbles out of the room, not believing what NateMare had told him. NateMare, a part of him? NEVER! This can't be true.

"But it is Nathan...I think, I believe. Now I can feel it speaking to me, my reasoning is logical like it's all in my dreams. He says the truth! Accept it Nathan!" Nate speaks to himself. He walks down a different hallway, that ends in a big, empty hall. 

Only a mirror stands there. Nate starts to walk down the hall. As he passes the mirror he can see in the corner of his eyes that NateMare's standing there. Nate stops and turns to the mirror. NateMare still standing there and glaring at him with the same look. Nate waves his hand to see if he would react, but he doesn't.