~Chapter Two~

"I don't know what happened. One minute we were standing there and the next she just passed out."

"She just passed out?"

"Yes!"

I slowly blinked a few times, my vision hazy. I let out a groan as the pulsing in my head become a sharp, piercing pain. The voices stopped. "Nicci?" I heard Newt asked.

I tried to push myself to a sitting position and then gasped as the pain in my head exploded. Shards of light pierced my vision. I saw bodies, a splatter of crimson on a snow white floor. The walls were closing in. My own hands, sticky with... sweat. There was a gun. Someone was yelling. Screaming. Get out, get out, get out, get out-

I leapt from the bed, crashing into Newt. We both hit the floor, and I twisted slamming my elbow into his jaw and then his shoulder.

He yelped, but I was already up and heading for Alby. I dodged his first blow and hit his unprotected left side. I grasped his wrist and twisted it behind his back, preparing to snap it when suddenly someone grabbed both my arms and pinned them behind my back.

"Stop! Just stop! What the hell are you doing?" A guy had both my arms pulled behind me, I could feel his muscles corded as he held me tightly.

I hissed as I struggled, squeezing my eyes shut. Get out, get out, get out, get out-

I sucked in a breath through my mouth and out my nose several times. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. Gradually my body relaxed. Whoever was gripping my arms held tight.

The room was silent for a few heartbeats and then with a cautious glance in my direction, Alby, still holding his wrist, went to Newt's side. He hovered for a moment not knowing what to do. Then he straightened. "I'm going to get the Med-Jacks. Minho, take her to the Deadheads- but don't make a scene. Wait for me there."

"Got it," Minho released my arms and I felt a sharp prick near my rib cage. "Walk. Try anything and I shove this into your lung."

I kept quiet as he guided me down the stairs and out into the Glade.

Minho. Keeper of the Runners. I knew him. Not just his name, but he himself. I knew him.

The sunlight was fading, casting eerie shadows across the ground. We reached the woods and moved into the trees. Then finally he spoke. "I don't know who you are or what you just did, but I want answers. Now."

I didn't acknowledge what he said.

"Did you hear me?" We reached the clearing and he shoved me away. I stumbled on the uneven ground be catching my footing. My head was still pounding and blood trickled from my nose again.

Minho stood, arms folded across his broad chest. "Don't play dumb with me."

I shook my name. "I don't have any answers for you."

"Really." His tone was saracastic. "They told me you already knew your name. And you what the Maze was. How does a greenie know any of that shit?"

Agent 13.

I blanched at the voice intruding in my head once again. "I- I don't know."

"What else do you remember?"

"Nothing." I said the word quickly. "Nothing else. I didn't even know where I was."

"Well, you clearly remember somethings." He jerked his head back to the Homestead. "Like how to do that shit."

I squeezed my eyes shut. "That... I don't know what that was. I don't know how I did it."

"Right." Minho said. "Like anyone is going to believe that."

I kept silent, not knowing what else to say.

"Why did you pass out in the Glade?"

I blinked. "Pass out?"

"Yeah and we had to take you to the Homestead."

I thought back to the piercing pain in my head and the headache that had been there ever since. I looked up at Minho, realizing my contact with him had first triggered it. Those words, mission activated, were the last thing I remembered thinking.

Not that I could tell him that.

I gave a half shrug. "I don't know. My head just started hurting really bad. It felt like it was going to explode. And I've had a headache ever since."

"And when you woke up?"

I swallowed. "I- I guess I had some sort of-"

Flashback

"flashback about something. I'm not really sure."

"A flashback? You said you didn't remember anything else."

"Look Minho," I took a small step towards him and he raised the knife. "I'm just as confused as you are. I don't understand what's happening or why. I don't know where I am or why I remember these things. I- I don't get any of this. I can promise you I never meant to hurt anyone."

Lies. You are here to hurt people.

"Yeah, well we'll see about that. Sit down and be quiet." He shook his head at me before scanning the trees around us.

I sank down to the ground, and closed my eyes, headache intensifying. There was nothing to do but wait.