일 | 1

waking up to the sound of screams and wails made soyeon terrified. maybe terrified was still an understatement to describe what she felt at the moment. it almost sounded like she was in a horror movie. only that, this was reality, even worse than a horror movie.

with her eyesight still blurry, she stood up as she rubbed her eyes, and blinked several times to finally see clearly.

her eyes first landed on the horrid sight that was in front of her. it made her knees weak, it made her knees drop to the pavement.

she wanted to scream. her voice caught in her throat when all she wanted was to scream her lungs out. she did not know what to do, so she just froze. only tears streaming down to her pale cheeks when she saw herself, lifeless and bloody on the ground.

it is like a vision from a horror movie, only that the dead body belonged to her. her bloody lips parted, her long hair disheveled, her body was in its most uncomfortable position, blood splattered everywhere, and her eyes still wide open.

it made her want to vomit from the awful sight. a sight she never imagined to still see.

her eyes travelled down to her chest, only to remember that she was stabbed several times. that was the time she remembered that she was brutally murdered.

"s-soyeon.." a voice croaked out, that sounded too familiar for her. she turned around to see her boyfriend who was trembling, jeongguk.

he was a total mess. his hair was also messy as hers. his glassy eyes were filled with immense pain, staring directly into soyeon's dead body.

in a snap, he suddenly ran to hug the body that was covered in fresh blood, making jeongguk's grey hoodie cover in blood. soyeon cried her lungs out, wanting for jeongguk to hear her hopeless cry, but the love of her life was just mourning at the dead body in his arms.

"j-jeongguk.." soyeon said hopelessly, in between sobs.

"soyeon. please, don't do this to me.. i only have you. baby, please," jeongguk says, lips were quivering as he was gently shaking soyeon's body.

seconds later, soyeon flinched when jeongguk let out a scream. it was a cry of pain, frustration and anger. it was the cry of the person who lost the love of his life. it was the first time she saw him so wrecked, so broken. heck, jeongguk's face looked as dead as her.

soyeon then had realized that the heartbreaking scene right in front of her, was the real pain that death brings. not just death itself.