Chapter 3

Liz POV

"Rosalie, Esme, Liz.. could you put these on so the tracker will pick up Bella's scent?" Dad says throwing jackets at us.

"Why? What is she to me?" Rosalie asked.

"Rosalie, Bella's with Edward now, she's part of this family, and we protect our family." Carlisle said making me growl.

"I'm with Rosalie, she's just a human and we're putting all our lives at risk because of it." I say glaring at the jacket in my hands and look up at dad who was glaring at me.

"Bella means a lot to me Elizabeth why can't you understand that?" Dad says taking a threatening step towards me to which Jasper steps in front of him.

"Careful Edward." He warned giving him a warning look.

"She's my daughter Jasper you don't get to tell me how to talk to her." Dad says glaring at Jasper which caused me to pull Jasper away from him and step closer to him.

"Just because she means so much to you doesn't mean I have to accept it. And let's face it I've known Jasper for far more time than I have known you." I say glaring up at him.

"You are my daughter Elizabeth, you listen to me not the other way around. I am older than you." He said making me laugh.

"And I have more experience than you. It doesn't matter if you're my father or not Edward I don't need to accept the decisions you make." I said back standing my ground.

"Your mother is dead Elizabeth, there's nothing we can do about that! Why don't you want to see me happy?!" My eyes widen at his words as did the others and I feel myself losing the little control I had.

"You're right my mother is dead but this is not about her! Look at everything we have to do all because you fell in love with a mere human. If anything happens to any of us it's going to be all on you." I say putting the jacket on.

"And just so you know a stupid trick like this isn't sure to work against a tracker of his level." I say with a growl getting in the car with Jasper and Rosalie as Jasper pulled me closer to him trying his best to calm me down with no such luck.

"He shouldn't of said that." Rosalie said as Emmett drove.

"He regretted it as soon as he said it if that makes you feel any better." Jasper said.

"The worst thing is I gotta go with him.. you better go with Carlisle and Esme." I say leaning closer to Jasper.

"Are you sure?" Jasper asked and I nodded.

"We both have experience they need right now like how to mark properly.. that's why I'm going with dad.. I'm sure the tracker will follow his scent." I say making Jasper nod hugging me closer to him.

"Very well.. be careful." He said kissing my head as we stopped somewhere and started to run knowing the tracker was right behind us.

"Rosalie mark the tree." I hear dad say as Rosalie stops.

"Rosalie don't!" I say stopping as well but it was too later she had already marked the tree.

"Damn it!" I say and started to run after dad.

"That was a mistake." I told him as we continue to run.

"We have no other option than hopping he doesn't notice." I continue.

"What do you mean?" Emmett asked.

"By actually marking a tree is almost like telling him where you're going.. he's bond to find out and head a different direction, he'll know is a trap." I say just as we stop with dad looking surprise.

"He figured it out." Dad said as I scoff.

"I told you." I say with a growl as we started heading back to the cars to regroup.

"How did it go?" Jasper asked as soon as he saw me.

"We lost him.. he figured it was a trap." I answer.

"And here I though you were the better one of us two." Jasper says in a funny way.

"If he hadn't ordered Rosalie to mark the tree this wouldn't of happened." I mumble leaning my head to his chest.

"Esme, Rosalie would you go back and make sure Charlie's safe?" Carlisle asked as Esme nodded and Rosalie gave a nasty face before they both started running back to Forks.

"Let's go we have to go to the hotel." Carlisle says as we all piled in the jeep with me on Jasper's lap him hugging me from behind knowing full well I need this. As we made it back I got a really bad feeling I already had it since we got in the car but now it was a lot worse.

"Something's wrong." I say getting out of the car quickly and walk through the doors going to the door leading to the room I know Alice was in with Ash. I knock on the door as it quickly opened.

"I was just about to call you." Alice said to dad.

"What? Why?" He asked looking at Alice.

"Bella." She said as I almost laugh.

"Of course. How much stupid can she be?! She knows she doesn't stand a chance yet she falls for a mere trap." I say as Alice looked at me.

"How do you know is a trap?" Alice asked.

"It's the easiest most common thing used just like what dad was trying to do to lure him in to kill him James did the same.. he used the right bate and caught the stupid fish he wanted. Used a fake bate that looks real enough." I say clenching my fists.

"Where is she going?" Jasper asked Alice.

"A ballet studio here in Phoenix." Alice says making me sigh and take out a map.

"Someone mark all the ballet studios in Phoenix now." I say as Alice quickly got to it circling each one on the map.

"What are you going to do?" Carlisle says and Jasper signas him to stay quiet as I close my eyes Jasper moving my finger to every circle slowly until I snap my eyes open.

"It's this one.. Mimi's School Of Dance." I say as I read the name.

"How do you know?" Alice asks as we all started running.

"She used to predict which places our enemies were going to attack and where it was best for us to attack them. Her instincts give her that ability." Jasper explained.

"Go on ahead Edward, we'll catch up to you soon." Carlisle says as dad nodded and ran ahead.