"Okay," he whispered before drifting off again.

***

It was very early that next morning. The sun wasn't even up but Toni was. She was in pain, lots of pain, and she tried her hardest to stay quiet. Her hands were fisted into Darren's nightshirt as she gritted her teeth. A sob tore through her making Darren groan. He was oblivious to what was happening, letting exhaustion sweep over him.

"Darren," she gasped. "Darren."

"Huh?" he mumbled, fluttering his eyes open.

"The hospital. We have to go to the hospital."

He quickly sat up and held a hand over her belly, "Is it the baby?"

"Yes," she panted, "the baby."

***

Eight hours. Toni's been in labor for eight hours and she's still not dilated enough to push this baby out. She just wants to sleep but every half hour or so she'd have a contraction.

"Where are the kids?" she tiredly asked Darren, who sat next to her bed, holding her hand.

"Outside with your mom."

"I still can't believe you flew her out here, but thanks."

"It was nothing. Your mom said it would be best if the kids stayed away. We don't want you snapping at them," he smiled.

"I guess you're right."

Contraction after another came and she just wanted it all to be over. When she really was dilated enough and so ready to push, the nurses took her to another room. Darren was surprisingly calm and it made Toni so happy to see the smiles and worried faces he'd have.

"Did you call Luna?" Toni asked as they set up everything around her.

"That's what you're worried about right now?"

"Darren!"

"Alright alright, I'm kidding. I called them an hour ago. They're trying to get here as quick as possible. Their flight was a bit delayed."

When it was time to push, Darren was there. He spoke to her softly as she struggled to form a decent thought.

"Damn, this is worse than with Joseph."

"It'll be over soon though. The doctor said you're doing great."

And just an hour later Toni cried out in a last push and a smaller one followed from the newborn.

Their baby girl was born seven pounds five ounces, August 28th and as Darren held her...he smiled. Toni didn't want to call it out but she saw the tears glistening in his eyes. After every thing was all cleaned up and Toni was patched up they got to have some time alone with the baby.

"What color are her eyes?" Toni whispered.

"Not sure. She hasn't opened them yet."

"She's so precious." Toni tried to sit up to get a better look but winced instead, plopping back onto the bed.

"Here," Darren offered. He softly laid the baby in her arms and pressed a kiss to Toni's forehead as he sat down. "We haven't even thought of a name."

"I know," she breathily giggled. "I wanted this all to be a surprise, but I was thinking boy names."

"Me too," he softly chuckled.

"I wanna name her Elena, after your mom." She looked up at him to see a funny expression on his face.

"Why my mom? Why not yours?"

"I never really liked her name," she admitted, "it's too, I don't know, basic?"