Chapter 1: The Huntress

Start from the beginning

Y/n: Do not mess with me or I'll kill you in a snap, got it?

Guard 1: A-alright! Were sorry!?

I put my guns back onto their respective holders as they immediately stood up and opened the gate for me. I walked in and a woman wearing a expensive dress comes out from the door with a butler on her side.

Landlady: You must be the famous Leise. It's a pleasure to meet you personally.

Y/n: Same. I came here to accept you request. I shall escorted you until we reached the exact location all by myself. Nothing more, nothing less.

Landlady: I understand, they expected me to arrive by noon, think you can do that?

Y/n: I can..

My client hops in on her carriage as her butler starts to hit the horses to take the road, while I furtively following them. At this road they were taking, many bandits, thieves, and monsters are lurking in every shadow places so it is a wise choice to hire a hunter or huntress the secure their journey.

I thought it would be a smooth ride when the butler forcefully pulled the horses to stopped. I jumped out to the tree and walked in front of the carriage to see a boy with a sword, fighting a huge rare-class earth dragon.

He almost catches his breath as he keeps striking the monster. What an amateur. I didn't want to delay my mission any further, I grab Aerux and pointed it to the monster's head and fires a lightning bullet. Piercing the monster's head and exploded in pieces, the beheaded monster drops lifelessly to the ground and I command to the Butler to start moving and he quickly complies.

???: Woah! That was amazing!

I ignored him and started to walked beside the carriage but the boy followed us... I mean followed me for some reason.

???: Where did you get that gun? It is so strong it can beheaded a monster in one single shot!

Y/n: Scram kid.

???: Hey! I'm not a kid! I just only wanted to know how did you find that incredible weapon?

Y/n: Nowhere. So leave me alone. I have a mission to complete.

???: Mission? Ah! So you're a bounty hunter huh?

Y/n: Huntress, actually.

They boy examines me and widened his eyes when she saw that I am a girl.

???: G-geez...sorry! I didn't mean to-

Y/n: It's okay. Now leave.

???: But...

I draw Aerux and pointed it on his forehead. He quickly raised his hands and make a distance.

Y/n: Run. Before my bullets hunts you down.

???: Okay! Okay..t-take it easy will you you might pull the trigger and-

Y/n: RUN!?

The boy run as fast as he could until I didn't see his figure. I sighed, being so harsh wasn't my true intention at the first place but he is much more..annoying so I don't have any choice but to scare him away.

After that event, We peacefully arrived somewhere at the Capital more early than she expected, and with that, she doubled the payment which is I gladly received. When her request was done, I went back to the inn and gave Yule my payment from the last request.

Yule: Another Advance payment?

Y/n: Let's say I am not a negligent person.

Yule: Whatever you say. Um..Leise?

I already knew Yule's facial expression and when she calls me by my huntress alias, someone's behind me. I draw Aerux and turned around to point my gun on their forehead. I was startled when he immediately raised his hands.

???: W-w-wait!? It was me!

Y/n: Why did you followed me here?

???: I..I was-

Yule: You know that boy?

Y/n: He's the kid who almost ruined my last mission, luckily I fix the damage he cost before I took my first failure.

???: Hey! That was...I didn't...

I put my gun down and turn my gaze on Yule. The boy took a stool and sit beside me. I can see that he's quietly drooling for the food which Yule served for me.

Y/n: Yule? Give him a dinner and a room for this evening. Charges it on me.

Yule: Okey dokey!

???: W-wait..I didn't ask...

Y/n: I know but if you collapse here, you're going to be a big problem to us and the others will blame me for not helping a homeless kid.

???: B-but..

Y/n: Accept it or I'll shoot you.

???: O-okay.. By the way, my names Tatsumi, and you are...?

Y/n: Yule. I'm going to finish my dinner on my room. Give him whatever he needs and..when he cause any disturbance, call me.

Yule: Okay, good night Leise! *Smile*

I grab the plate and went upstairs but the boy still following me. I stop and slightly turned around to see the boy's annoying face.

Tatsumi: Wait! That's not fair! You did not tell your name!

Y/n: I gave you shelter and food only for tonight so I assume your Shadow will be gone here by tomorrow Noon. Or else...

Tatsumi: Wait! Tell me first...Your name! Hey!

I ignore him and went to my room with a plate of food in my hands. Sometimes, dealing with a annoying person makes me more tired than fighting a bunch of High Danger beasts.