Same old Emily and a brand new job

Piper's P.O.V

I'm in shock. Ricky is, surprisingly, crying. So yeah, I confronted him about the whole Rebecca thing, but to be honest, I wasn't expecting this. I'm sitting awkwardly on my bed, as the tears fall silently down his face. Ricky looks up at me, and his sorrowful green eyes seem to see into the darkest depths of my soul. "I'm sorry," Ricky whispers, his gaze locked with mine. "I don't have a choice, or they'll take Laura too," Ricky's face changes, and he looks more... Threatening. I jump up, ready to run at the first sign of movement. His hands clench into fists by his sides, and he grinds his teeth. "See you soon!" Once again, he has changed his emotions so quickly I can barely keep up. Ricky walks out of the room, slamming the door a little as he does so. I will never understand him. I check the time, realising that I have around fifteen minutes before I said I would meet Finn in the park. Pulling on my hoodie and packing a handbag quickly, I push out the door and almost fall down the stairs. Riley was coming up at the time. "Woah!" She cries, grabbing onto the banister to regain her balance. "You're in a hurry?" Riley says, in a tone that almost tells me that she wants to know where I'm going. "I have fifteen, no-" I check my watch, "ten minutes before I need to meet Finn at the park, I explain without pausing for breath. Riley gives a knowing smile and winks. "Ah, the park..."
"Yes! The park!"
"Are you going to his house afterwards?"
"What? No..."
"Is he coming here?"
"Riley, what on earth are you saying?"
"Oh, nothing!" Riley smiles and pokes my arm, before heading up to James' room. I mentally add Riley to the list of people I will never understand, before rushing to the park, hoping I won't be late.

Emily's P.O.V

Noah walks into the office and sits down, and I am instantly reminded of the young J-trouper who sung for A-troupe before we went to Regionals. "So, what do you need help with?" Noah asks, reaching down to pick up the line placements from the ground. He studies them, raises an eyebrow, and gives me a quizzical look. "Those," I sigh, putting my head in my hands.
"Ok, so how about no lines?" Noah simply states, putting them in a neat pile on one side and pulls up another piece of paper. He rewrites the line placements that I spent hours making in under two minutes; how is he so sure about this? "There we go!" Exclaims a triumphant Noah, placing them on the desk. The paper now shows:
(Front of stage)
______________________________________

Summer                                     Jacquie
                           Richelle
        Kingston                      Henry
                        Ozzy    Finn
                  Davis            Kenzie
                             Piper

"Noah that's genius!" I cry, but then I notice that Piper is right at the back. "Don't you think Piper should be further forward?" I ask, although I know that Noah is doing what's best for the team. "No, and it's for the best. Her anxieties might still be a problem, and we can't have that affecting Nationals. Piper is also a good sport, and is most likely to not cause a scene," Noah explains, although his face shows that they aren't the only reasons. "Do you want to talk about it?" I question him lightly, instantly feeling like Michelle. Noah shakes his head.

Noah's P.O.V

I can't help but feel that I could've helped Piper with her... Problem. I have known her for a while, and although she voted me off A-troupe, I still care a lot about her, because I have known her since I first started. I can't stand to face Piper, because I blame myself that she has scars up her wrists. I blame myself that she couldn't talk to me about her worries when I was dance captain. I know it's completely irrational, but I can't help but feel like I have let Piper down, from her first regional qualifier, to right now. But I can't tell Emily that, because she wouldn't understand. I shake my head when Emily offers to let me talk about it, to clear my thoughts as well as to decline. "Actually, I want to talk to you about a position as choreographer. Here." I say, trying to sound confident. Emily looks at me for a moment, and sighs. "Well, Noah, I hate to tell you this but..." Emily begins slowly. I feel my face drop. "Kidding!" She cries, laughing loudly. Jesus, Emily should not joke. It doesn't work for her. I make a show of putting my hand over my heart dramatically, miming a heart attack. "We should celebrate! How about we throw a party, here?" Emily suggests, tucking her hair behind her ear. "But you're arranging it." She bluntly tells me. I laugh again. Same old Emily. "Awesome!" I punch the air. "Maybe you should start acting eighteen before you start a job though," Emily adds, before pulling out her laptop and opening it. I know I am dismissed.

What does everyone think so far? Do you like it?