85th street

(Lani's P.O.V.)
I took a deep breath, inhaling the smell of NYC. But then coughed, stupid polution. I ignored disgusting polution and stepped down the steps and walked away from The Covenant House. I walked past some shops. In one of the side mirrors of this random blue car, that was parked near the sidewalk, I could see that someone was looking at me. I could tell it was a female. I carefully walked further and saw her following me. "Don't look behind you, Lani" I said to myself. I turned left and walked across the street. Again in one of the side mirrors of a parked car, I saw that she was still following me. I began to speed up and had a feeling that she did the same. I squatted down and tied my shoelace that was 'undone'. The female didnt pass me. I turned my head to look at her. She was leaning against a wall reading a newspaper. I raised an eyebrow. I rolled my eyes and walked further. Knowing she will follow. I turned into an alleyway, on 85th street. I pressed my back against the wall. Soo the female walked into the alleyway. I grabbed her wrists and pushed her up the wall. Ready to find out what in the holy hell she wanted from me. I looked at the female, studying her. She looked familiar. I think she was around my age, maybe a little bit younger. She had black hair and brown eyes. Her eyes were sparkling with a familiar look. Her mouth twisted into a friendly smile. She was wearing expensive type of clothing. She looked like, in my eyes, an easy target to pickpocket from. "What do you want from me" I demanded pushing her further into the wall. She just smilled and giggled at me. I raised an eyebrow at her, confused as to why her response to me yelling at her be a giggle. "Hey Lani" she said. "H. How do you know m.my name" I asked with a stutter from confusion. I let go of her as I studied her facial expression. She just giggled again. What is up with that giggling. Suddenly she wrapped her arms around me, engulfing me in a hug. I awkwardly stood there, not knowing what to do. "I found you" she whispered. I could hear she was sniffling. She pushed away from me. She had red puffy eyes, but it wasnt because of a sad or hurtfull cry. No, this was because she is happy. I probably looked really confused because she started to ask questions. "Don't you remember me?" She asked. "Should I?" I asked. Her face turned into a sad expression but also a hurtfull one. Like a bestfriend who stabbed you in the back and you couldn't believe they did that. She looked down at the ground and mumbled to herself. She was fiddling with her hands. She looked back at me. Suddenly it was like a switch was flipped because I remember who she is. "Jasmine?" I softly asked. She nodded. "JASMINE!" I yelled and hugged her.