1 "I saw him here, as a black hood."

Start from the beginning

"That's good," I replied.

"Mom..."

"How couldn't you tell me that you asked Hiram to transport your father to his prison, Elizabeth?!" I shouted.

"How do you know that?" Betty looked at me terrified. Tears appeard in her eyes.

"FP called," I said. "Nobody survived, but you probably already know"

"I know," Betty nodded. "But dad is alive"

"FP clearly told me that no one survived!"

"It was planned. Father was planning this escape. He is alive."

"I hope that you're wrong, Elizabeth!" I snapped. "How could you lie to me? Why didn't you tell me about this?" I asked with tears in my eyes.

"Because I knew how you would react, mom!" Betty shrugged. "They found only my father's hand. They didn't find the body, which is why I know that he is alive."

"And you are proud of yourself, aren't you? A serial killer is at large and the first person he wants to take revenge on will be me," I pointed to myself. "And then you," I pointed to my terrified daughter. "And then this whole stupid town!"

"I didn't know it would be like that" Betty shook her head and sat down in her chair. "What are we gonna to do now?" she looked at me helplessly, and I sighed heavily.

"I don't know, Elizabeth" I sat on the sofa. "I'm scared," I whispered and looked at the front door. "We need to replace the door locks. We must definitely mount two or three additional locks." I added and stood up.

I went to the kitchen and leaned against the kitchen counter. I took a deep breath.

The nightmare with Hal was back. This time I didn't have anyone to defend us. I couldn't even count on FP.

"Are you mad at me?" Betty came up to me and I looked at her.

"I am sad and terrified," I whispered. "I can't be mad at you because you didn't know what he was planning" I stroked my daughter's cheek and then I cried. "He will kill me this time." I croaked and lowered my head down.

Betty hugged me tight.

"Serpents will protect us," she whispered softly, and I nodded my head.

Desperate times call for desperate measures...

Before work, I drove Betty to the Jones trailer so she could spend time with Jughead. I knew that she would be safe with him.

When I entered the newsroom, my employees immediately informed me about the whole situation that took place on the road. It was true that they only found Hal's hand. His body hasn't been found yet.

"Can we write article about this situation?" One of the employees asked, and I sighed quietly.

"Write about everything you know. Try to find out more about it. You are better at looking for information than our poor police," I said and went to the office.

I sat in front of the computer and began to browse emails asking for cooperation.

I got into the whirl of work and completely forgot that I should close the newsroom. I turned off the computer, turned off the light in the office, and left.

Something, unfortunately, didn't suit me.

Why all computers were turned on and their screens showed "DIE." I got scared.

"Is anyone here?" I asked loudly.

Silent.

Suddenly, I heard something crashed on one of the radiators and I jumped.

"It's not funny. Whoever you are, show up" still nothing.

Suddenly all the lights in the room turned off.

I shook my head, hoping it was just a bad dream. I was horrified. My heart got palpitations. I heard footsteps. Heavy, familiar steps and I covered my mouth with my hand, not to shout.

Perhaps this person hasn't seen me. Maybe he didn't know where I was. When the steps were getting closer, I run to the exit.

Unfortunately, I felt an obstacle under my feet and I fell down to the floor, screaming. I turned quickly on my back and looked ahead.

Black Hood. He really came back. When his hook torn my skirt, I kicked him in his leg and stood up. I ran to the door, trying to open it, but it was closed.

I started to panic, especially when his hand grabbed my hair and threw me against the wall. I fell stunned on the floor and shouted, begging for help.

"Hal, if it's you ..." I started to speak calmly. I wiped blood from my nose and swallowed. "Hal, I am begging you to let me go" I cried again.

The only thing I heard was his laughter. I moved away from him as far as I could and took a deeper breath.

I thought about it, if I break a window, maybe someone will hear it and come running to help me. I hid under a desk that was close to the window and grabbed a pot with a flower that was on the floor.

I tried not to pay attention to the fact that my torturer turns every desk upside down and I threw a pot into the window. An alarm turned on I closed my eyes. I wanted it to be the end.

I didn't know if he was still here, because there was a sudden silence. I heard footsteps and saw his shoes in front of my desk. I covered my mouth with my hand so I wouldn't breathe loudly.

He didn't attack me, however, the only thing he did was throw a note on the floor and leave the newsroom. When I was alone, I started to breathe loudly. With trembling hands, I grabbed a piece of paper and read it.

"I like watching you suffer. It's just the beginning, Alice. I'll be happy when your head hangs over my bed," I cried loudly when I read and crawled out from under the desk.

I didn't have the strength to go, and crying bothered me to catch my breath.

I got a panic attack and no one could save me. I sat on the floor, nodding back and forth. I couldn't breathe.

"Is anyone here?" I heard FP's voice, but I could not say anything.

I started to breathe loudly, choking. Apparently, FP heard this because he ran to me. I looked at him terrified.

"God, Alice," he shouted and knelt before me. "What happened?"

"He was here," I whispered as FP hugged me.

"Who was here?"

"Hal," I whispered softly. "He was here," I shook my head.

"Hal is dead"

"Hal is alive. I know it, FP" I looked into his eyes. "I saw him here, as a black hood. He came back," I showed him the card. He read it and his eyes became sad.

"Motherfucker" he hissed and looked at me. "Did he hurt you?" he asked, and I shrugged.

"He hit me... I hit my head against the wall and he cut my dress," I whispered.

"You're bleeding" FP touched my nose and I waved my hand.

"It's nothing, FP," I said. "I can't get up, my legs are weak," I whispered. "I will sit here and then come home. Thank you for your help, "I smiled sadly.

"Do you think I will let you be here alone? No way "FP stood up and took me in his arms. I put my arms around his neck and put my face under his head.

"Thank you" I whispered. "If you didn't come, I would be dead."

"I won't never let him hurt you. Never." FP kissed me on the cheek and carried me straight to his patrol car.

"Where are we going?"

"First, we will go to the hospital. The doctor must examine you. And then we'll go to the police station and you will testify"

I couldn't argue with him, so I agreed to everything.

A/N: New story!