Getting to know you

"I have to get her dressed

"I have to get her dressed..." Alaïa finally spoke after a long moment of deafening silence. After realizing what was happening, both of us remained in shock for a while, trying to keep our cool. And since I didn't know what to say it felt natural to just try to maintain a regular conversation with my mate for now.

"Okay... How do I help?" I asked quickly before she walked into Elody's room not wanting to be away from her. It's clear that she feels a pull to me as well but it's as if she doesn't know what mates are or is choosing to ignore it because she's acting like a baby deer caught in headlights. However, I'm not doing much better myself seeing as I've barely said a word, much less done a proper introduction after being here with her for this long.
"Sure" she spoke taking the baby from my arms again after laying out her clothes by the changing table "could you get me the baby lotion from that drawer?" she asked softly, her back turned to me while gently keeping a wiggly Elody on her changing table with one hand and holding a fresh diaper in the other. Just this view of her back turned to me brought a dumb smile to my face, she's so pretty... Her eyes are so big and bright, and her shy smiles are too adorable for me to take, her voice is also so calm and pure. While swooning internally at my gorgeous mate I still did as I was asked and took the purple bottle of baby lotion to the changing table where a giggling Elody was getting tickled by Alaïa.

"Here you go" I said handing the bottle to my smiling mate, when the tips of our fingers touched I could feel my entire body tingling and I know she felt those sparks too because she shivered a little and a strong blush grew from her cheeks to her ears, so cute.

"T-thank you... Um, I'm going to try to put her down for a nap really quick" she spoke shyly and I simply smiled with a nod and sat on the small footstool by the rocking chair which my mate and Elody were currently occupying. Looking at her I can't believe I met my mate, and much less that she's a girl... Wait, she's a girl and I'm the future Alpha. I am supposed to carry pups and lead with some guy by my side according to the elders it's what's expected of me, yet here I am in the same room as Alaïa. The moon goddess presented me with a beautiful little mate who happens to be the prettiest girl in all of existence, but will my pack also see how precious she is and accept her?

 The moon goddess presented me with a beautiful little mate who happens to be the prettiest girl in all of existence, but will my pack also see how precious she is and accept her?

I must be going crazy, I swear I felt sparks when she touched me and I feel like I need to be around her all the time... almost as if she was the air I needed to breathe. Is that what it feels like? to have a mate...?

After getting a drowsy Elody to fall asleep I laid her down in her crib, closed the curtains, and turned on the baby monitor. Now back onto the main occurance... me having a mate.

We walked into the living room and sat on the couch looking aimlessly at everything around us except eachother. But once some time passed she finally said something. "My name is Valentina Jade and I believe you are my mate. I can feel that you are" she spoke confidently taking my hand and kissing the back of it which caused me to blush like a crazy person "I have a mate..." was the only thing I managed to say in response. I never thought I would meet my mate and much less that it would be a beautiful girl but hey, I'm still winning.

"would you like to watch a movie with me? I want to get to know you better than anyone little mate but I'm sure you're a bit overwhelmed right now..." Valentina spoke with a soft smile that only deepened the crimson blush already on my cheeks "of course..... I'd love to"

Valentina and I settled on watching Anastasia, my all-time favorite movie. I've seen it so many times that I know every song and most lines by heart. Its dvd was one of the many presents I was sent from Aurora after she left, and I still have it back at the orphanage. While the movie progressed I suddenly started feeling more and more comfortable around my mate, she would ask me random questions like my favorite color and season. She would also stare lovingly at me when I sang along to the songs and even joined in a few times. We ended up cuddled up against each other on the couch with my head on a pillow placed on her lap while I played mindlessly with a ring on one of her fingers.

********A few hours later********

Alaïa fell asleep on my lap about twenty minutes ago and I'm not complaining

Alaïa fell asleep on my lap about twenty minutes ago and I'm not complaining. I enjoy running my fingers through her soft, sweet-smelling, dark brown hair and caressing her baby pink cheeks every once in a while. The baby monitor shows a sleeping Elody as well so I lowered the tv volume and put on a new episode of OITNB (orange is the new black) on Netflix. Ruby rose has been instantly demoted today though, she is now second after my mate whom will always be in first place for me from now on.

Suddenly, the front door opened loudly and in walked a dishevelled Aurora with two arms full of groceries "hey Val, where's Alaïa?" She asked from the door a bit too loudly for my liking, I could hear my wolf growling internally because no one bothers mate when she's sleeping. "Shush... she's asleep, you'll wake her," I told Aurora with a deep frown. She made her way over to me and finally noticed the beauty currently laying across my lap, who decided to cuddle her head even closer to my tummy and let out a content sigh right at that moment. I swear my mate is the cutest most precious little bean, I can tell how whipped I am already and I barely know her.

"Oh poor A... I'm so sorry, I can take her to her room....." Aurora began saying while reaching for my sleeping mate and I let out a low growl. "She stays" I felt my wolf speak through with a possessive tone, Aurora just stared with a bewildered expression for a few moments and her face filled with realization mere seconds later...

"She's... your mate?"