"Hey, Lib." I sighed, walking through the closet and out to the small balcony. The night air was refreshing, unlike the suffocation of my room. The stars were out and dancing lightly around in the sky, but they couldn't take the empty feeling away from my stomach.

"Tell me about it." She said instantly.

"How'd you even find out?" I whined, sitting on the cold concrete floor and leaning against the sliding glass door. Through the black metal railing, I could see the light on in Kale's room but refrained from thinking about him.

"Well Ryder West talked to your brother who talked to me to told me to talk to you so here I am." She chirped.

"Okay, how much do you know?" I asked, pulling my knees up and tucking them under my chin.

"I know that you went to the movies with that Kale kid and then you got in a fight. That's it."

I sighed and then went into the story, starting with meeting all of Kale's friends and ending with seeing Kale when I got home. "I mean, I know I'm overreacting." I finished with tears streaming down my face and I knew Libby could hear my sniffling from the other end. "But I just thought he was different."

"You really like him, don't you?" She asked.

I let out a sarcastic laugh while I blubbered. "Yeah, I really, really like him. Like, a lot. He's nice, and sweet, and funny, and a really good listener. He's amazing."

"Then tell him that, stupid!" She said as I cried, which I don't do often. I hardly ever cry. Damn him.

"I can't because he probably hates me now for acting like a little baby tonight."

"Well, Holly Thorne, you are one of the most determined girls I know and if you like this jerkish boy, then you're going to go for it. I know you."

I sighed through the messy tears. "But this is different. He... I don't know, he scares me."

"And you're brave."

"Not that brave." I denied.

"Okay." She sang skeptically. "But you have to at least talk to him."

"Tomorrow. Tonight, I want to sleep." I said, standing up to go inside and calming down my hideous sobs. "I'll call you later, okay?"

"You got it, love you."

"Love you too." I said quickly before wiping away the last of my tears and hanging up.

I stayed outside for a little bit longer to wipe away more tears and clear my mind just a bit more before going back inside. I blew my nose, brushed my teeth, and then went to bed with a mix of emotions pushing their way through my body.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~''''''

"What's wrong with you?" Jackson asked when I plopped down beside him on the couch.

"Long night." I mumbled with my eyes formed into small, exhausted slits.

"So you and Kale made up that easily?" He asked.

"Make up sex is the best." Another voice piped from my left.

I don't know who it was and my eyes were too tired to look, so I just jutted my elbow in its general direction. I was satisfied when I felt my elbow jut into its gut and the voice grunt.

"I just couldn't sleep." I mumbled. I thought that taking a shower and getting dressed would help me get energized, but I think the heat of the shower just made me more tired. So, here I was, fully dressed in a black crop top with the yellow Batman Logo on the front and matching yellow jean shorts. My hair was almost dry and the top was hidden underneath a black beanie, but I did manage to get on a thin rim of eyeliner and mascara.