With all the strength I could muster I muttered out the only thing I could. "Sister." A little laugh filled the room, and just like that, Ezra started reading again.

*****************

I walked through the house feeling better after last night. Even though Rebekah was now ignoring me, she wasn't spouting insults all the time, which was a great sign. Ezra smiled at me when I entered the kitchen, and Rebekah looked up. Ezra handed me a plate with chocolate chip pancakes with a side of bacon and a glass of blood, somewhat of my favorite breakfast. He cooks amazing food. "Thank you." He just nodded, he had said that even though it was late in the day I still needed to eat something and decided to make breakfast.

"Shouldn't you be at school?" I tentatively asked Rebekah. I didn't want to start anything between us while she was trying to not insult everything about me.

She started to say something with her bitch look on, but stopped herself. She took a deep breath and her expression changed. "I decided to skip all of the classes that had no meaning to me. I only went to my first period, history, to rile up the Salvatore group." I nodded after she spoke and gave her a smile, which she somewhat returned.

"Well, I'm going out to the grill. Care to join, anyone?" Ezra popped in. I looked at Rebekah before mumbling out something that sounded kind of like a "sure". She just shook her head and left the room. "Well I guess it's just you and me then Emmaline."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 "Just a coke please. Thank you." I ordered from one of the waitresses at the mystic grill. "So, what are we doing Ezra?" I met his eye from across the booth we picked to sit down in. 

 "What do you mean, Emmaline?" He spoke, playfully mocking me. I shook my head and looked out into the sea of people that were at the grill. Glancing back at him he was mimicking my smile, I couldn't tell what was going through his head, but I knew I wouldn't get him to tell me so I just sat and waited for my coke.

  "Miss Anna?" Ethan's voice pulled me out of me and Ezra's little mocking session. I smiled as I turned to greet him, he returned my smile. He sat down next to me and locked eyes with Ezra, who shared our genuine smile.

 "Now I see." I spoke up. "Thank you." I told the waitress who had come up to give me my drink. I wrapped my arms around Ethan, giving him a side hug that he leaned into. "I've missed you, you know." He turned to me, giving me a full hug, which I returned.

  "I've missed you too, Miss Anna." We smiled at each other. "The town was a little boring without you and you stories." All three of us shared a laugh. 

  It was then I caught the eyes of a blonde haired vampire from across the grill. "Not too boring, I suspect." Ethan looked over towards Caroline.

  "No, I guess you're right. It did have its moments." He answered, shaking his head at me and Ezra, who shared a knowing smirk. I nudged Ethan and smiled over at Caroline, hoping he got the message. "Are you sure? You just got back." I smiled again and nodded my head. Although I did want to spend time with him, his grin that stretched ear to ear made up for all lost time.

  "He reminds me so much of Mary-Anne." Ezra said after a short time of silence between us.

 My eyes shot up, that's what kept bugging me. "Thank You!" We both laughed.

  "Wait, Ezra?" I called out to him through the piles of dead bodies. A group of vampires decided they had full range over all of the people of this town, and while we did stop them, it was not in time. There were almost sixty people the group of vampires had killed, whose bodies we were left to clean up.