14

Chapter 14 [unedited]

  I rode in the back with Nik and Stefan, while Ezra rode in the front of the moving truck with Rebekah. Nik was practically shaking with anger when he found out that Stefan had lied to him, and in his temper tantrum he even accused me of lieing. He claimed this was an elaborate plan to hurt him even more, paranoia and betrayal flowing through his veins. He calmed down when reminded I was locked in a cellar for two days before being forced to leave with him.

   I understood why Stefan did it though, he did whatever he could to make sure the one he loved didn't get hurt, I know a little about that. Either way, every time Stefan woke up Nik would snap his neck again. Finally we were outside of the high school, waiting for it to get dark so the teens would all be at the school for senior prank night. I could see the wheels turning in Nik's head as we pulled into the parking lot, planning every little detail.

  I went to get out if the truck, only to have Nik shove me back in. "Stay here darling." His voice was rough, leaving no room for arguments. Perhaps he had momentarily forgotten that I was the queen of doing whatever the hell I wanted.

  I waited a little while before following behind him. As I walked into the gym I heard Nik grab Elena in the halls and drag her into the gym, me not that far behind.

  "Well hello Darling." I spoke to the doppelganger. She looked up at me, her heart beating faster once I made an entrance. 

  "Love, glad you decided to show up." Nik said, an edge in his voice. His accent luring my eyes over to his. I walked over, deciding to put on a little show for the doppelganger who, as far as I knew, hated me more than she did Nik. I believe it had something to do with me and Damon being so close. 

 Reaching him, I wrapped my arms around his neck, giving him a mischievous smirk. "Well, I couldn't leave my big bad wolf all alone for to long. He might have gotten bored, what with the doppelskank being the way she is." He realized what I was doing. Giving me a megawatt smile, he wrapped his arms around the bottom half of me, his hands landing themselves onto my hips.

  "True, she is quite a bore." He pulled me close, his eyes roaming the shorts and low cut tank top I was wearing. "Although, this whole trip you haven't been much better. With all of your complaining about missing Damon, what was it you called him?" I could feel the glare my back was receiving from the doppelganger behind us.

  Laughter erupted from my lips, realizing I could get two things out of this little show. "My little Bunny. Too bad he isn't here right now." I said sadly. "Oh the fun me and him would have." Nik growled,pulling me closer. My plan was working, not only was Elena annoyed, but now Nik was jealous.

 He pulled me closer, the pressure increasing on my hips. The door to the gym squeaked open, but he paid no mind. His hands reached up to grab my hair, pulling me into a kiss. This is the only kiss, since the one in the hotel, that we have shared, and I completely lost myself in it. Reaching up and running my hands through his hair, I momentarily forgot where we were. He grunted into the kiss, as I let out a quiet moan. Unlike the one at the hotel this one was showing me how territorial he still was. We pulled apart and were dragged back into reality when the sound of fast footsteps filled the gym.

  I quickly sprinted over and shoved Elena away from Bonnie and Matt, who had come in while we were preoccupied, and slammed the gym doors, leaving everyone staring at me except Elena, who was crying from the force I used. "Emily?" Bonnie said, her head tilted slightly.

 "Hello Bonnie. It's nice to see you again." She smiled at me, but then frowned slightly. "What?" I asked.

  "Why were you-? Where- How-?" She kept cutting herself off, I assume she was trying to ask why I was kissing Nik; the most simple answer would be since he's my husband, but it does go deeper than that. "You know what? Never mind, I'm glad you're back." She smiled again, but only slightly.

  Elena had stopped crying at this point. Rebekah walked in with Tyler Lockwood, and Nik began explaining why we were here. He told them about the wolves we found in Tennessee and how they all either bled out or we had to kill them, he then went on to tell them they had a time limit for Bonnie to figure out what was wrong. He fed the wolf his blood then snapped his neck, if Bonnie didn't find an answer, Tyler wouldn't be able to turn into a hybrid and he would die just like the rest of them did.

 After a little while of teasing and other things, Stefan came back, talking about loyalty and such, and almost made a convincing argument, until Nik went after Elena and Stefan tried to kill him. "You will not run. You will not hide. You will simply just obey." Were Nik's exact words. He compelled Stefan to do whatever he wanted, getting tired of people lying to him. I could tell he was pissed off, so after Nik told Stefan to kill Elena once the timer he had given the witch had met zero, I followed him out of the gym and into the high school hallways.

 "Nik?" I called out softly. He turned at the sound of my voice. "Are you okay?" I asked, not quite sure what was going on inside his head. I was whipped into a bone crushing hug I was not prepared for. His nose buried in my neck, I did my best to comfort him from whatever was on his mind.

  "You won't leave me again, right?" His voice cracked, he sounded so broken and I felt the familiar feeling of guilt sweep me into its arms.

 "I promise." I said, wrapping my arms around him, for once holding him up. "I'm not going anywhere. Never again." I gave him a promise I didn't plan on breaking ever. I already did it once and it made me wish I was able to die.

 "So," He spoke, still buried in my neck, "Who's more fun? Me or Damon?" I almost laughed when I felt him smirk into my neck.

 "Hmm..." I pretended to think for a moment. He picked his head up, staring at me with his arms wrapped around me, holding me into place. "I'd have to say, Damon." I teased, earning a growl from him. His eyes changed to the gold that I adored as I was slammed into the lockers. He pushed his lips onto mine, along with his body. I could feel every inch of him, like he was showing me how much he hated that answer, even though he should know it wasn't true.

 "You know," He said once we broke apart, "Now that I've gotten a taste of this again, I don't think I'm going to be able to stop." He kissed me again, loosening his grip on me. I kissed back just as hard. 

 "Then don't."