Chapter 17: Pre-School Pt. 2

Published: 3rd May, 2019

_____________________________

Harry watched as Minerva walked out. She was leaving? He didn't want to be all alone with these strangers and attempted to bolt out of the room.

But as he was about to get past the door, a pair of hands scooped him up from behind and closed the door. Harry was evidently devastated, as he started to cry vehemently.

As he was crying, a woman came and sat down next to him and pinched his cheeks the way an old grandma would.

"What a cutie!" she exclaimed. "What's your name?"

Harry controlled his sobs. "H-Hawwy."

"Hi Harry, why are you crying, huh?" she asked as she took the young boy on her lap.

"W-wan my M-M-Minnie." He said in a low tone. Harry was starting to get really irritated by this lady, but stayed with her anyways.

"Don't cry, love. She will be back soon." She responded. Harry frowned, he wanted her back now. What if she really planned on leaving him here forever? Who would play with him and give him hugs and kisses and read him a bedtime story.

As she said this though, a loud scream came from one kid whose mom was trying to leave. He was kicking and screaming, demanding her to stay. After a while, his mother just sat on the carpet and watched as he played with some blocks.

Harry was watching this feeling very sad with himself. Why didn't he do that, maybe she would have come back or at least played with the nice toys they had here. Seeing that Harry looked distraught with this fighting, she took some crayons and tried to engage him in them by asking him questions about their colours.

After a while, Harry was really annoyed by her. He wished she would just go away and leave him alone, but she stayed their for quite some time until the blonde lady who stopped him from leaving called her. The kid's mom who had stayed had successfully left, leaving the kid in hysterics. He played with a nice train set until the blonde lady called all the kids in a circle.

"Hello kids, I am Ms. Anne, I am your teacher. I know you all are missing your mommies and daddies, but we have each other. Now we are going to play with each other and then we will do something new." she introduced before letting them do their own thing. Harry continued to play with the train.

Everything was fine until he heard a little girl crying. He turned his head to see the kid who was in hysterics had found some cronies and were bullying this little girl by taking the limited toys she had.

Harry looked around. Ms. Anne was nowhere and the annoying lady was with another kid. Harry decided to take the matter into his own hands like he had seen Minerva do so before. He went over to them and stood in front of her, acting like a barrier

"Don't be a meanie" he exclaimed, only to hear the boys laugh before the main kid pushed him over. His eyes started to become warm with tears, but he brushed it off and stood up again in a fighting stance. The boys looked at him before going off, but not before Ms. Anne put them in the time out corner for pushing Harry and making them give the toys to him.

He turned back to the girl to give her the toys, whose eyes were wide as saucers and whose thumb was in her mouth. She took the toys.

"Thank you," she lisped. "Do you wanna pway wif me?"

Harry delightfully sat down and shared his train with her. He found out her name was Isabel and they hit off immediately.

**Page Break**

Minerva was nearly sick with worry as she entered Hogwarts. He was very shy and she wondered if it was really a good idea to send him. She tried to reassure herself, saying that there are grown ups there, but she still was worried. He never left her thoughts the entire day.

"Minerva, did you hear what I said?"

Minerva snapped out of her thoughts and faced Pomona at the Great Hall. It was time for lunch and after that, she would pick Harry from school.

"I said how is Harry's school?" she repeated. "Seems like he threw a fit as you left the way you are right now."

Minerva remembered the pleading look in his eyes. "No, he didn't throw a fight. I'm just, worried."

Pomona chuckled. "Motherly instincts. Can I come with you to Hogsmeade to pick him up?"

"Hogsmeade?" she inquired, giving her a look of confusion.

"Um, yeah. You did enroll him in the Hogsmeade pre school, right?"

"No, I didn't. I enrolled him in a muggle one."

Pomona was quite taken aback. "But, why? We have a good nursery there as well?"

"Well," Minerva started, "I don't want to put him there. The entire wizarding world knows his name, they will treat him differently and I don't want to tell him about his parents just yet. But he will be treated like a regular kid in a muggle preschool." Minerva pushed aside her plate and left to her quarters to get ready.

After dressing into proper muggle clothing, Minerva apparated away to the school. She walked up the stairs and entered the classroom. The place was full of chatter. She scanned the room, looking for Harry before a blonde woman approached her.

"Hi, I am Ms. Anne. Are you Harry Potter's mother?"

"Legally speaking, I am. How was he?" She persisted.

"Harry is a very sweet boy but tends to get confused in lessons and he is very shy to approach us. He also has a wild imagination, talking about wizards and witches," Minerva slightly paled. "He is right there." She said pointing to a corner. Minerva turned around.

Harry and Isabel were sitting in a far corner, sharing some colours. He was teaching her the different combinations of colours, each leaving Isabel in awe. She tapped his shoulder, and his head spun around.

"Minnie!" He exclaimed in delight. He hugged her before diverting his attention back to Isabel. "This is my friend, Isabel." he declared. Isabel beamed when she heard this.

"Hi." she said timidly and waved her hand. "Hello Isabel." Minerva responded before turning back to Harry.

"Let's go now Harry." she said. But Harry stayed.

"Wanna play more." He whined. Minerva sighed.

"Harry, we will come tomorrow. I promise." she reasoned. Harry finally accepts the fact that they are going home and waves at Isabel one last time, who gives back a shy wave. They reach a lone area and apparate back to Hogwarts.

When they arrive, they happen to wander upon Charlie Weasley. Harry bolts towards him and starts to recount his day, Minerva smiling right behind him.

_______________________________

Hey everyone. Just wanted to say that since the holy Islamic month of Ramadan is coming up, my uploads will start becoming less frequent. And also sorry for the horrible way I wrote about preschool because I don't know what goes on in a preschool. Also, today is 3rd May, the anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts, so a tribute to all dead characters. And thanks for all the support.