CHAPTER 2 - Sleeping on It Didn't Help

When Sam woke up, the first thing she noticed was how much her back hurt. She opened her eyes and remembered she fell asleep on Lena's couch. She got up to find Lena sitting at the table, looking at a sheet of paper, as if she hadn't slept all night.

"Hey, are you okay?"

Lena's eyes got up from her writing, filled with tears.

"Oh my God, Lena". Sam rushed over to her friend's side and hugged her. "Hey, hey, hey, it's okay, it's okay."

Lena barely hold on to her friend. Sam took a look at the paper. "I flew here on a bus" "I was having coffee with Kara Danvers when you called" "Alex Danvers protects Supergirl = sister" "Mon-El = Mike = Kara's boyfriend = Supergirl's". Sam didn't understand what all of this meant but she knew what ever this was, it meant a lot to her friend. This is why she stayed by Lena's side for as long as she needed.

After a few minutes, Lena took her head off Sam's arm and looked up to see her friend's face:

"I think I've discovered something terrible"

***

"Wait a minute, Lena. Are you absolutely sure about this?"

"This all make sense now. Everything."

"Okay, okay, but I think you need to talk to Kara before you jump into any conclusion."

"Do you honestly think, after seeing all of this, that she is not Supergirl?"

"Honestly, I don't know anymore Lena. But, come on, she's your best friend. The least you could do before assuming the worst, is to give her the benefit of the doubt."

"You're right. You're right", Lena said. "I need some sleep, I was up all night, could you deal with L-Corp today?"

"That's what I'm here for", Sam said.

When Lena woke up, it was the middle of the afternoon. She had trouble finding sleep, but she felt better now. She forced herself to not think about this Kara/Supergirl thing and went down to make herself coffee. The more the time passed, the more this all thing felt like nonsense. She convinced herself that it was the accident and the tiredness that made this believable. There was no way her best friend was Supergirl! She felt a little better as she repeated it in her head to make it stick. But there was this tiny little voice that told her that it wasn't so crazy. Lena decided to bury it down and took her phone out. She had two missed calls from Kara and two voicemails:

"Hi Lena, it's Kara. I heard what happened, I just wanted to make sure you were okay. Call me back."

"Hi Lena, Kara again. Sam called me, she said you had a rough night. Tell me if you want to talk about it. See you soon."

Talking to Kara was, at the same time, the first thing and the last thing Lena wanted to do. Hearing her voice made everything so much more complicated. She heard Supergirl so many times, was it the same as what she just heard? It was just to hard for Lena. She needed to know. Maybe Kara would think she's crazy, but she needed to know even if she'd pass for a fool. She needed to know if the person she was falling in love with was National City's superhero.