Chapter 35

Song for the chapter:

Bruno Mars // Talking To The Moon

January 1, 2023

New Years.

Just kidding totally kidding k enjoy the chapter xx

Harry's P.O.V

I set fire to the last candle in the birthday cake. I take a step back to examine my work. I quiet laughter passes my lips as I take in the cake. The Cream Cheese icing is dripping off to the side now only covering half of the cake. And the second layer is sliding off.

It's the thought that counts right? I pick up the platter that the cake is sitting on and carry it into the bedroom. As I enter the room I lightly start singing happy birthday. My voice gradually gets louder the more Melody starts to wake up.

The clock on my nightstand reads 12:00. Perfect timing. Melody tosses and turns a couple more times before her eyes slowly start to open. The candle light illuminates the room with a soft glow casting a light on the side of melody's face allowing me to see her Carmel brown eyes when she finally opens them. I finish the song just in time for her now being awake. A smile that stretches from ear to ear plays out on her lips. My heart is beating so fast, And my adrenaline is at its highest. It feels like I've just run a marathon. It still amazes me how she can make my body come alive with the smallest things.

"Happy birthday, Melody," I conclude after the song is finished. I walk over to where she's sitting and hold out the cake so she can blow out the candles. She looks at me over the cake and her smile grows as mine does too. She tucks her hair behind her ear. "Make a wish," I whisper. She closes her eyes, then blows out the 1/3 of the candles that hasn't been melted yet. The room is pitch black now. Even through the darkness I can see her eyes glowing, staring at me.

"Thank you," she whispers. I nod. Something is lingering between us, an emotion or unspoken words maybe. I don't know but we both feel it. I cup her cheek and stroke it. I lean down and kiss her cheek. "Go back to sleep, I just wanted to tell you happy birthday right at the start," I smile. She continues to stare at me not speaking, just staring. This goes on for a minute before she finally says "thank you."

I set the cake on the dresser and climb into bed with her. I pull her into my chest and we both fall into a deep slumber.

I woke up earlier than melody to get her second gift ready. Waffles, eggs, bacon, hash browns, and orange juice. Breakfast in bed mission complete. As soon as I finish pouring he glass of orange juice Melody walks in the room.

Breakfast in bed mission almost complete.

"This was suppose to be a breakfast in bed thing!" I tease.

She giggles. "Harry you didn't have to."

"I know, but I wanted to."

"Thank you, Harry."

"You're welcome now eat up so I can show you the rest of your gifts!"

"Har-,"

"I don't want to hear it! Eat babe,". I softly peck her cheek.

Ten minutes later Melody is done eating. "That was really good, thank you."

"You're welcome. Stop thanking me. Now come I have to show you something."

I grab her hand and lead her into my bedroom. My guitar is set out along with sheets of music I have yet to put away.

"Sit," I command softly twirling her so her back is now at the end of the bed. She sits. Her face is a face of confusion as she looks at my guitar and the music. Realization hits her as I pick up the guitar.