Chapter 4

Jinyoung glared, with despise, at Daewon, who was coming to him, after the phone call. The tape covered over his mouth was taken off and Daewon raised his eyebrows at him in challenge.

"You're insane," Jinyoung said, as soon as he got a chance to speak, "Mark would never come. You keep dreaming."

Daewon smirked, "Are you now afraid that you'll have to surrender in front of him?"

"I'm not. I don't mind surrendering. Even to him. Just don't let him come."

Daewon laughed, looking so satisfied, and bent down so that he could be face-to-face with Jinyoung. Gripping the latter's jaw hard, Daewon said, "You know what, the more you don't want him to come here, the more certain I feel that I'll make him."

He ran his other hand over the chain that tied Jinyoung to the wall behind, and turned back to Jinyoung, "I've been dreaming of that day for quite a while now. To see you slowly dying in my hands."

"If you want to kill me, then do now. No need to involve anyone else. If you still have some sense, you'll kill me without alerting anyone."

"I don't care. Maybe, I want to die with you, too. I love you so freaking much and I don't mind dying with you together."

Daewon tightened his grip on Jinyoung's jaw and leaned in, despite Jinyoung's struggles to turn his face away.

The moment Daewon closed his eyes, Jinyoung spat at his face, causing Daewon to leap back in anger.

"You dare do this to me?"

Jinyoung looked at him, indifferent, and it did not take a moment before a punch was launched on his face. He fell onto the floor hard and blood spurted out of his mouth.

Daewon lifted him back again by the shirt collar and slammed another fist against his jaw.

"Don't ever forget what state you're in before you do something."

Daewon stood up straight and walked back to the table, which was a few yards away from Jinyoung and on which were a phone, some printed photos of Jinyoung, a watch and a knife.

Jinyoung coughed the blood out and sat up straight. The two chains that tied him, could allow him to move about a yard away from the wall. He could move his hands a little as far as the chains allowed.

His hands, stomach, face and head were all in pain, which weakened his body; and the lack of energy caused his vision to be blurred.

Leaning against the wall, he gazed at Daewon, whose back was facing him, and the sight alone disgusted him, with hatred.

He was more than certain that Daewon would not let Mark go out of this basement alive. Mark would not come, Jinyoung convinced himself; Mark would not bother himself about something concerned with someone he despised so much.

"Here, eat them," Daewon threw two pieces of bread over to him, "Don't worry, I'll still keep you alive till that day."

Jinyoung woke up to the sound of someone pacing about the room and looked up at Daewon, who could not keep himself still.

"You awake?" asked Daewon, "I've sent him the address. Count your minutes, Park Jinyoung."

This was the day he would have to die but he felt no fear or emotions. The basement was faintly lit and all shut out from the outside, which made it impossible to guess if it was day or night outside.

"If he doesn't arrive within three hours, I'll kill you with no audience. That doesn't sound so bad either."

Jinyoung leaned back against the wall, with no more strength to say anything.

The pain was all inside his head and he felt he could die from this torment alone.

Another time he woke up, he found himself in the hands of Daewon and already on his own feet. Daewon was holding him straight and shook him hard till he was fully awake.

"Look who's here," Daewon said, into his ear.

Jinyoung held up his head and looked at the other person, standing far from him. Tears filled his eyes in an instant, at the sight of Mark staring at him. Gone now, all his hopes. The very person he did not want to see here, was now gazing at him.

Mark clenched his fists tight, as both panic and anger shot through him. At the first sight, he could not even recognise Jinyoung, whose face and body were covered in both dirt and blood.

"Get out now," Jinyoung managed.

"Is that the first thing you want to say to him?" Daewon mocked and glanced at Mark, "What about you?"

"Jinyoung, just stay a little longer. I'm here for you. I won't let you die in any way."

Daewon knitted his brows and in a moment, he moved quick and pointed the knife at Jinyoung's stomach.

"The hell, Mark Tuan? I did not invite you here for your superhero tactics. You did fool me."

"Please. Let go of Jinyoung. I'll give you anything you want if you let him go."

"Won't. You're useless, Mark Tuan."

"Hands up. Get arrested now."

Both Daewon and Jinyoung turned to the voice and only then noticed some figures at the dark sides of the basement.

"Before it turns to murder, be arrested without any harm done," said the same voice.

Daewon turned his attention back to Mark, "So, that's it? You've brought them along? Do you think it'll make me stop? You're wrong there, Mark Tuan."

"Don't do anything," Mark yelled.

Daewon smiled and turned to Jinyoung, "That's your fate, Park Jinyoung."

"Don't!" Mark shouted but the knife had already sunk into Jinyoung's stomach. Blood streamed down and Daewon pulled the knife out, just to stab Jinyoung again at the same spot.

But the knife hung in the air, as a gunshot was fired at his leg, causing him to fall down. The police approached him quick while Mark ran to Jinyoung, who was already on the floor once Daewon's hands were off him.

"Jinyoung? Please, not yet. Just stay strong a little more. You'll make it through. Just a little more."

Mark embraced Jinyoung against his stomach and pressed his hand against the wound, to stop the blood stream.

Jinyoung gazed up at him for a moment before his eyes closed and both of his hands fell to the sides.

"Jinyoung!" Mark shouted, through the tears. He pressed his hand against the wound harder and embraced Jinyoung's body tighter against him.