Chapter 6: Under Pressure

Start from the beginning

"And, I am Taeil," The last one introduced himself. "Who's unfortunately stuck with all his younger brothers here."

Yebin smiled brightly at all six of the boys, definitely feeling the warm welcome from them. Jaehyun then gestured to the coffee table before her. "Johnny-hyung insisted we make a cup of coffee for when you wake up. It might have cooled down by now though, so would you like for me to heat it up?" Yebin, very taken aback by his niceness, could only nod in reply. The curly haired lad picked up the white mug and walked over to their kitchen to do just that.

Ten took it upon himself to sit down on the couch next to her. "So, this must be quite the shock for you, huh?" He asked her. Yebin nodded again. "I'm sorry to say, but it's kind of critical that you don't tell anyone about how you were here--"

"Ah, Ten, I don't think she knows," Taeyong suddenly cut in.

Yebin glanced back and forth between the two. She tried to suppress her smirk, as she interjected, "Are you talking about NCT?"

"Oh, so you know?" Mark uttered, with wide doe eyes.

"Yeah, I listened and watched your debut," Yebin told them. "Congratulations by the way. It must be really exciting. I actually really enjoyed the two songs." She hummed, wondering whether or not she should admit it or not... she might as well. "It may have been on repeat for the past week."

All of them looked far pleased with her response, some even applauding it. Yebin laughed at the overreaction. "Wow! We have a fan in our midst, then?" Doyoung chimed happily.

"Thank my friend. She was the one that actually told me about it," Yebin replied. It then clicked. She was here casually chatting with Youngho's friends and she doesn't even know what her friend and boyfriend were up to right now. Hurriedly, she fumbled to take out her cell phone from her jacket pocket. Much to her relief, Hanui and Hojun had messaged her back (quite sloppily) with a calm reply and that they will meet her later at home...

However, that was sent a couple hours ago.

"How long have I been here?" Yebin asked the NCT U boys before her.

"You were probably here for a good hour and a half," Taeil replied. "Why? What's wrong?"

Yebin sighed. She stood up, much slower this time. Thankfully, she didn't feel too dizzy this time. "I should go home. I told my friend and boyfriend I would meet them there."

"Ah, boyfriend?" Ten murmured. Yebin wasn't sure he was meant to say that aloud.

"Yes, I really should go. It was really amazing meeting all of you though. I feel bad that my first impression probably wasn't the best."

"You were fine, Yebin. It was nice meeting you too," Doyoung chimed. "I'll go ahead and try to tell our manager." The orange-haired lad hurried over to the door and calmly exited.

Jaehyun had actually returned back to the room, but instead, the coffee was in a portable container. He handed it over to Yebin. Just as she was about to decline the offer, he insisted. "Just return the cup whenever you can."

Shortly after, Doyoung entered again, but with Youngho and another man, which Yebin could guess was the manager, following after. A look of relief crossed Youngho's face when he saw Yebin. Yebin had stepped forward and bowed deeply in apology to the manager.

"I'm extremely sorry for intruding this dorm, but thank you for allowing me to stay for the past couple hours," Yebin told the older man. "I should definitely head out... but please don't punish Youngho so much, he really was only helping me out—"

"I know that," the manager sighed, glancing over at the tall boy. "Go ahead and bring her home then. After that, make sure to meet with me here, okay?"