Chapter 1 | Timothy McGregor

I looked at the knife that layed on the counter infront of me. Taunting me. I reached out for it but drew my hand back, not wanting to pick it up.

Beads of sweat slid down my face, my matte brown hair sticking to my cheeks like it's being pulled forwards by a magnet. I picked my lips and reached out towards the knife. As soon as my fingertips grazed the handle I yanked my hand back as if it had scorched me.

I stared at the knife my hands now clammy. My fingers reached out and encircled the handle lifting the knife slowly off the counter with my shaking hands. It held so much beauty, from the dirty handle to the gleaming point.

I made my way towards my front door, a death grip on the knife. I pulled the door open, the squeaking noise having no affect on me.

Like a robot and walked to the lift and pressed the button 3 times, willing it to open as I commanded. Eventually it did and in there by himself was my victim.

Seven year old, Timothy McGregor.

He lived next door with his single mother and dying grandma.

His smile made me sick. He went go leave the lift but I put my arm in the way stopping him from progressing out the lift. His smile faded as he spotted the knife in my hand. The doors shut slowly behind me as an devilish smirk grew on my lips.

That's when I struck him.

The knife plunged into his stomach, then his chest. As he fell to the floor the knife ripped through his chest and through to his neck. I pulled the knife out looking at the blood stained metal. The lift door opened and I backed out and turned away from the body.

Then I walked.

I didn't have a destination, all I knew is that I was going to end up somewhere I just don't know where. All I had was a knife, that's all I carried with me. A blood covered knife.

I had no reason to kill that boy, I wanted to kill him because it felt good. Adrenaline rushes through me at the thought of violence and when I commit violence it's almost orgasmic. Pleasurable. A guilty pleasure.

Next time...

There is no stopping me, especially not a knife.