I look up and there stands this tall, dark-haired stranger in-front of me. I can't see his face because of the sun gleaming in my eyes.

"Um yes? I'm sorry but I do know you?" I smile and try and block the light from my face. As I get a better look at the guy in front of me, I start recognizing him. I know him from somewhere, I just don't know where exactly.

"Uh, yes you do. Well you should anyway. It's me, Shane. We went to Summer camp together. Camp Kentucky. We had that seriously strict camp councillor who hated other kids talking during his long lectures about safety. Remember, he caught us talking and made us do the obstacle course in the mud?"

Oh right I remember that! It was on of the beast summer camps I'd been on and I met so many people. The mud course though, that was the worst part. After a week of showering I still couldn't get the smell away...

But this guy can't be the Shane I met at camp. A scrawny Star Wars geek who wore these massive glasses, braces and could hardly catch a ball. I look up at the guy again, and it is him!! Oh my word, this guy is a hunk!! 6 feet of pure muscle standing right in front of me. Someone pinch me!!

"No ways. Shane!! Oh my gosh!! What happened? You've changed so much." Well duh, or course he has. It's been what, 6 years?

"You mean from the glasses and lack of hand eye co-ordination. Yeah military school changes you. When I got to school after camp, these idiots wouldn't stop teasing me and making fun of how I looked and what I wore." He's expression changes from amused to angry. "So after a year of nothing changing, I found this boarding school. At first it took a lot of convincing from my parents, but after a while they agreed. Everything's history since. I started playing more sports and bulked up more."

Wow. I still couldn't believe it and didn't hide my surprise that well because I realized my jaw had dropped and had been that way for quite a while.

He looks at me and gestures to the bench, "Mind if I take a seat?"

"Yeah sure." Come on Sarah snap out of it. "So are you here on holiday?"

"Um no actually, my family and I moved here permanently, now. My dad's company transferred him to this area and I could either come with and transfer to a new school for one more year; or stay at the boarding school and live with my cousins. I decided to change. It's one more year. I wanted to be different." He laughs and I can see all his features emphasized by the sunlight. Especially his heart melting smile. Oh wow, I dearly thank the creator of braces.

"And you, how have you been?" He asks and I can't help but carry on staring at his gorgeous deep brown eyes. They're warm and inviting, like when chocolate coats a marshmallow when you dip it in chocolate fondue. It's a weird analogy, but it describes his them perfectly. Oh, he's still waiting for an answer.

"Hmm. Oh yeah I've been great. It's been six years though, so I don't think I have enough time to tell you everything that's been going on, unless you want to be sitting here until tomorrow evening." I laugh at my stale joke and surprisingly he laughs as well.

"We don't have to sit on this bench. We can just to a restaurant and talk. We live in the same area now so there plenty time." Did he just technically ask me out on a date? Oh my gosh!! He did!

"Um sure. I'll give you my number and you can call me up." We exchange numbers and sit there in awkward silence waiting for the other person to speak again. I can see he has something on his mind but looks to afraid to say it. Shane opens his mouth to speak when his phone beeps. He reads the message and his face drops a little.

"Oh. It's my mom, she needs me back at the house. Still loads of unpacking to do. I'll see you later Sarah. Really great seeing you again." He stands up and walks away.

"Oh by the way what school did you transfer to?" I call. I wanted to ask him in the beginning but something distracted me.

"SouthValley High." He calls back.

"Okay, cool. Bye." I watch his as he walks away, still not processing what he's just told me. South... SouthValley High School? That's where I go!! Hunky Shane transferred to my high school. I should run and tell him, but I decide not to. I'll surprise him next week.

I can't help but have a huge grin on my face. For the first time in forever, I have a reason to go to school in a good mood on a Monday. YAY! For now let me get back into my book.

***

It's late afternoon when I decide to take a lazy stroll back to my house. The wind started picking up and I can't ignore my goosebumps any longer.

When I get home, Daniella is sitting on the front porch wrapped up in a blanket and is drinking what looks a like tea. She looks pretty upset and I think I already know why.

"Mom and dad at it again?" I ask and get under the blanket next to her.

She nods and puts her head on my shoulder. We sit there for about an hour before going inside. Mom is in the heating the dinner Maria made earlier and dad sits on the couch watching the sport highlights. No one says a word and I instantly run up to my room, getting away from the cold silence.

When I switch on my phone and find a couple of messages, one or two from my mom asking where I was (Daniella must have forgotten to tell her), one from Zac, although it's not that important and the last text is from a number I've never seen before.

Hey Sarah

It was really awesome seeing you again.

About that date, let me know if you're available Saturday night.

I've got the rest of the week off, so yeah. Anytime's good for me.

See you

Shane :)

So he even sees it as a date. I have a date with Shane!! Okay stay cool. He's just an ordinary guy.

I try to send text back without sounding too excited (which by the way I really am):

Hey Shane.

Yeah sure. I'm cool with Saturday.

See you then.

Sarah

It sounds really formal, but it's the best I can do.

The first thing I do is call Carley.

"Carls!! I have huge news! Can you come over ASAP..."

****************************************************************************************************************

Hey!!!!!!!🙊

We're back again😱

We thought another hottie wouldn't hurt!! Yay, Shane!! And we promise he's nothing like the other douche!!😉

What do you think of him so far?? And do you think she's drifting away from Zac?? By the way what did he text her that wasn't so important, hmmm?

and did you like the book Sarah was reading?? You can read it yourself!! How awesome right😱

Tell us what you think...

Also please don't forget to VOTE AND COMMENT!!!

New chapter up soon!!

xoxo

Storm and Snow💖 🙊🙊