7/ we don't need words.

Description: Mute Louis and legless Clementine surely do make quite the unlikely pair. (College AU)

Thank you guys so much for 6k reads aw!! I really don't deserve it but tysm (:
=========================

The sun was starting to set based on the shadows that began to fade into darkness within Louis's dorm room, how the light merged from bright yellow to a dim crimson. Papers scattered around him messily, which his girlfriend, Clementine, groaned at. Their science project that they had attempted (keyword- attempted) to work on was not quite going as well as she had hoped.

Louis snatched his notepad off of his dresser, scribbling a couple of things before handing it to Clementine. It read, 'it's due tomorrow, and we haven't made any progress. So.. are you ready to give up yet?' He smirked at her, as if there was definitely something else he'd rather be doing.

Clementine shook her head, brushing him off. What with the end of the semester drawing near, they couldn't afford to slack off in their studies, and especially not a project. "Focus, Louis. We don't have much time before we need to meet Marlon back on campus."

She huffed, twirling in her office chair, now facing the desk. She chewed on the end of her pencil, seemingly lost in thought. Louis easily noticed that Clementine was acting a little more anxious about schoolwork than normal.

He passed her the notepad.
Her eyes scanned over the page, and it read, "What seems to be troubling my beautiful girlfriend?' He offered her a charming smile.

She hesitantly returned it with a sigh, turning back toward him. How had he seen right through her? "It's.. it's nothing." She quickly dismissed it.

He shook his head, not budging. 'If something's wrong, then it's not nothing. It's my problem too.'

Clementine had wanted to smile at the sweet words, but... that was partially the problem. "Its just.." she chewed on her bottom lip anxiously, "I.. I feel bad you always have to write to me. I feel like I should know more sign language. Hell, you can have a whole conversation with Marlon and your other friends." She stood and leaned against his dresser, frowning. She always felt guilty of hassling him with the fact he always had to write to her in order to communicate. It must've been.. frustrating.

To her surprise he smiled, shaking his head and jotting down a couple things. He passed her the notepad, 'as much as I appreciate that, I really don't mind writing. you don't have to go out of your way.'

"But I want to, Louis." She said, sighing. "I'd do.. anything to make this easier for you." She meant it. As his girlfriend, she felt ashamed that she couldn't talk to him like other people could. It was the least she could do to prevent him from hassling to get a couple of words out.

Louis burned crimson at the heartfelt statement, attempting to conceal it by staring down at his notepad and scribbling, 'okay, okay. I'll teach you a couple things. What do you want to learn?'

She was glad that they were on the same page. Really and truly she wanted him to be comfortable, and she didn't want him having to write to her into order to get a joke or comment out. She wanted to speak his language. "Hm...." She wondered the endless possibilities of what she could sign, thinking for a moment. She grinned after coming to a conclusion. "Can you teach me how to sign.... 'fuck you?'"

Louis looked taken aback. He blinked a couple of times and passed her a note that said, '...really? of all things?'

"Yes! Why not?" She shrugged, and Louis grinned widely in amusement, shaking his head. After that whole heartfelt speech about wanting to learn, that's the first phrase her mind went to? His girlfriend's fierceness was something he was still, even now, never prepared for. Though it only made her all the more mesmerizing.