Chapter 20 - Instead

Carter Woodwords

"I didn't had to, we were already so in love, she instantly said yes." We heard Evan say with a sly smile.

"Lucky Bastard." Liam said and we all broke into laughter.

We are currently in Sam's backyard. It almost 10:30 at night and we just had dinner. The ladies are preparing some desserts for us in the kitchen. It was roughly around 2 weeks since Sam and Sonia's wedding.

The conversation started at some light heart topics and I didn't realise when, we were discussing how we made our wives/girlfriends say 'yes'. For I, Sam and Evan wives and for Scott, Liam, Ian and Alessandro girlfriends.

I'll get you caught up the speed. Evan and Katherine got married about a week ago. Ian asked Anna out just before Sam and Sonia's wedding. Liam and Emma started dating 3 months ago but revealed it to us just a month ago. Scott is dating a girl named Amelia who is the owner of a big flower shop in the town. Alessandro is in love with Cassandra, the one who is the gang member of Katherine. Talking of her, Katherine recently took over the throne of her godfather and is a gang leader now.

"I had that marriage contract with Lily but we eventually fell in love." I said with a genuine smile.

"I proposed Amelia with a big truck of flowers which weren't available in the state. I decorated her house with the same flowers. She was so happy and now that I think if I had proposed her for marriage, she would have said yes. Stupid me." Scott said and we all once again broke into laughter fits.

"You like her that much?" Alessandro asked.

"Love. I don't need the 'like' word now." Scott answered.

Just then we saw the ladies enter the backyard with some pastry and cakes.

Lily sat beside me, Katherine next to Evan, Amelia next to Scott, Anna next to Ian, Emma next to Liam, Cassandra next to Alessandro and Sonia next to Sam.

I wrapped an arm around Lily and pulled her into me. She kept her head on my chest and intertwined our fingers together.

I kissed her forehead and she gave me a smile.

"What are you guys talking about?" Katherine asked sipping her coffee.

"How we got our respective partners to say 'yes' when we proposed." I answered giving her a smile. My bubble is like a younger sister to me. She never had a sibling and same goes with me.

(A/N : Carter calls Katherine as 'Bubble'. Do not get confused)

"What about you Ian? How did you got a 'yes' from my sister?" Emma asked wiggling her eyebrows.

"He said the sweetest thing ever. 'I cannot promise to take all your problems away but I promise you that you won't face them alone'." Anna said giving Ian a smile.

"How sweet." Cassandra exclaimed.

"What about you Sam?" Lily shot a question to Sam.

"You really wanna Know?!" Sam asked with a smirk.

"I asked her for marriage but she was very skeptical if we will be able to navigate our lives properly or not so, Non ho lasciato il suo sperma fino a quando lei ha detto un sì e poi le ha fatto dire un sì ogni volta che l'ho spinta dentro di lei." Sam finished with a smirk.

"Sam you're , una cazzo malato ." Liam started in English but ended up saying in Italian.

One sick fuck.

Anna, Emma, Katherine and Cassandra understood and started laughing along with us. Among the group, only Sonia and Lily don't understand Italian.

"Wait what did Sam say?" Lily whispered only to me. She doesn't know Italian so of course she didn't understood.

"He said he didn't allow her to cum until she screamed a 'yes' and then made her say a 'yes' every time he thrusted inside of her." Lily turned red hearing this and lightly slapped her forehead.

"What did he say?" Sonia asked with a cocked up eyebrow.

"He just said he promised you he wouldn't leave you and said some sweet words." Evan covered up with a small smile.

"Liar." Sonia said and once again we all broke into laughter.

.

.

.

.

"Carter why do you take her with you everywhere you go?" My mom said in a bored tone with her hands on her waist.

"Stop being ridiculous. She's my wife." The last thing I want right now is this drama.

"Your forced wife." She said emphasising 'forced'.

"I love her mom!"

"You think so. She has made you think that." She said gesturing towards Lily who was standing next to me.

"Mom, can we not do this right now?!" I said and started walking by towards my room.

"Carter, I want to talk to you. Alone." She said eyeing Lily. She was quite the whole time. If anything, she gestured me to keep my calm.

How can I not love her.

She is just so... I can't just describe her. She means so much to me.

My wife's just mesmerising.

"She'll stay here. Talk anything you want to." I said wrapping a hand around her waist.

"Carter it's fine. You talk with mom, I'll go and change." Lily said rubbing her hands on my back in small circles.

"Stop calling me mom. I'm no one to you." My mom shouted at her.

"Mom don't you dare do the mistake of shouting at my wife." I said in a stone voice.

What is wrong with her?

Lily excused herself and went to our room. She must be tired.

"Carter why don't you divorce her now that you have got the money you lend to her father?!" She said siting at the couch.

I took my place on the couch opposite to the one she was siting.

"Mom to be honest, I was in a contract but now I have come to really truly love Lily." I tried my best to explain her calmly.

"She has made you believe that."

"Mom stop. I'm not a kid. Why would she do that?"

"'Cause you're rich. She just wants your money."

"Mom I won't hear all this. Ohk, what do you want for me to do?"

"I want you to divorce Lily and marry Rachel instead!"