The ball tradition (y3)

As tradition goes I met with narcissa at the dress shop , where the shop keeper now greeted us as old friends rather than clients . This year narcissa picked out a dark green dress to match malfoys suit as were now going together as a couple at least it will all be over after tonight .

When I entered narcissa's room my eyes fell on the big bottle of champagne sitting on the table by her next two to glasses.

She saw the shock on my face so she said

" I thought it would be good to celebrate , I'm sure your mother won't mind "

" celebrate what ?"

" you and Draco of course " she responded pouring the champagne into the two glasses

"Oh right ,yeah"

" to you and Draco finally getting together "
She uttered raising her glass for me to chink

We finished our glasses after several stories highlighting how amazing Draco was from Narcissa.

" oh look at the time we should probably start getting ready"

As I did every year previously I went to the bathroom and changed then came out to narcissa trying different hairstyle at the flick of her wand , eventually setting on a simple bun .

"You look amazing y/n"

" thanks , so do you"

" you're too kind , I'm so glad Draco picked someone as sweet as you"

Picked ? I'm not an object for him to pick .

I just replied with a smile.

I sat down so narcissa could do some makeup

" we made some changes with our ball plan but don't worry just go with what we say and you'll be fine "

Ok that's weird what changes?

" do you remember all the dances I taught you ?"

" uhh yeah I think so "

" great ! And done "

" I'll go wait for Draco "

" I'll see you at the party"

" bye"
Oh my gosh that was weird but at least it's over.just a couple more hours of faking then i can go home .

I didn't have to wait long for Draco's thunderous banging .

" ready ?" He asked

" yep , can't wait for it to be over "

" that's a bit harsh "
I just rolled my eyes .

" here you go " he said handing me a red

" what's this ?"

" a gift to thank you and a reminder of the best boyfriend ever "

" calm down we're not really going -"

" sssh someone might here you " he quickly put a hand on my mouth .

" no ones here"
He looked worried as he glanced left and right .

" just put it on "

He indicated towards the box. I slowly opened the box . Inside held a silver necklace to go with my dress , which had a heart on it with an engraving ' y/n & Draco '.

" just at least wear it for tonight , mother went to a lot of shops to get this done "

" ok , can you ?" I asked passing him the box

" fine"

I turned round so he could put on my necklace .

" there "he whispered

" now let's get this over and done with "

I said wrapping my arm round his as we entered the large double doors into the crowded ball room.

We walked round talking to various friends of the malfoys , everyone telling us how we make such a cute couple .

Then just as I was about to go to my parents a loud voice boomed round the room

" the dancing will commence shortly which I think we should start with our new young couple , so will Draco and y/n like to come to the dance floor "
What ?

Draco dragged me out on to the floor . Everyone's eyes were on us . We took our starting positions and danced to the music.

Later on Draco was finally tired so I went to find my parents , but I only found Lucius who informed me that they had to leave on urgent business, so I'm going to stay the night then go to diagon alley tomorrow with Draco to collect my stuff .

I thought this was going to be it . The last time I would have to pretend . To look in his smug face and put on a fake smile .

" come on let's go bed ?" Draco whispered in my ear but as we were leaving I narcissa's voice boomed again

" how about a little kiss before you to go bed "

It felt like a genuine nightmare.

The crowd started to chant kiss kiss kiss , so Draco grabbed my face and kissed me causing a roar of cheer  as we walked away.

I wiped my mouth when the doors finally closed behind us .

"You didn't have to kiss me so long and on my mouth"

" they would if just made us do it again if it wasn't a proper snog "
D
" eww don't call it that "

" besides I know you enjoyed our snog "
He said as we arrived at our doors . I rolled my eyes

" goodnight Draco "

" how bout one more kiss before bed"

" only if you close you eyes" as I said  this he squeezed his eyes shut , so I left him standing there and closed the door behind me .

I'm sorry this has taken so long there was just a lot going on because I've just finished my tests ,found out I'm moving etc but hopefully I'll be getting back into the writing rhythm soon , so please leave suggestions .