24. Oh, Mickey, You So Fine

Start from the beginning

“Hannah, we need to talk ab—”

I rose up from my seat, cutting Bruter off. “Save it!” I spun on my heel and he grabbed my arm, pulling me back. “Rape! Rape!” Bruter slapped a hand over my mouth and closed the door with his outstretched foot, sitting me on top of his desk. I glared at him, my chest heaving. He removed his hand and I spat on him, right in his face. His jaw went hard and he wiped the spit off of his face.

“God, Hannah, do you have to be an animal right now?”

“I’m an animal? Yet you ravaged my mother and are currently producing some creature with her,” I scoffed.

Bruter’s knuckles turned white. “You’re being very rude, Hannah.”

“Well, it’s not every day that my math teacher knows more about my family than I do.”

He ran his hands through his hair. “Look, this has nothing to do with me, really. I just want to tell you that nothing between Lucas and you should change. He is still your brother—he still cares more about you than anyone else.”

“Thanks, dad,” I spat at him and squirmed out from under his blockade, walking to the door. “You know, Bruter, I don’t really have a problem with you, honestly. I just can’t get past the part where you screw my mom and get her preggo and then seem to know all my familial secrets before I even know them. Other than that, God, we are peachy.” I gave him a bitchy smile and then made my way down the hall.

Leaning up against my locker, and flirting with the hideous chatterbox Morgan, was Ryder. He looked up upon my arrival and I glared at them both. For some reason, his flirting with her made me a bit angry. I wasn’t jealous, just…disgusted.

“Hey, Hannah.” Ryder smiled at me. I rolled my eyes. God, I was in such a foul mood today, forgive me.

“Yeah, hi, Hannah.” Morgan snorted, moving closer to Ryder as if he was hers.

I sighed. “I don’t mind punching you again, Morgan.” I pushed her aside and opened up my now free locker.

Ryder’s lip turned up in a satisfied smirk. “I’ll see you later, Morgan,” he purred and she walked off in a daze.

I rolled my eyes. I’ll see you later, Morgan. I want to screw you and give you Chlamydia, Morgan. Gah! Men are disgusting. Where the hell was Winston anyways? I haven’t seen him in a while. If he was with me right now, I’d probably be better off.

“How have you been?” Ryder grinned at me.

I looked over at him and narrowed my eyes. Now he wants to be all nice and stuff. What. The. Eff? “Great.” I slammed my locker door shut and headed down the hall. He followed after me, matching my pace in two strides.

“You seem to be a bit angry. You’re not jealous of Morgan, are you?” His eyes took on a teasing glint and a smile tugged on the corners of his lips.

I whirled on him. “Everything isn’t about you! Do you think I freaking care if Morgan and you catch a foreign disease together, or bear fifty children? Get a life, Ryder.” I started walking again.

Ryder came after me again and grabbed my wrist, turning me to face him. I sighed. “What the hell is your problem? I was joking!”

“Well save your jokes!” I snapped back.

“Winston isn’t keeping you satisfied enough? You still need something else, missing anything in your life?”

“What the flying fuckcase are you talking about?” I raised an eyebrow.