20. Have You Ever Like Wanted to Die?

Whoo. Finally got this chapter out. So I'm going for Best Title in the Watty's so you need to always remember to vote. Those help me :D I love you all. Hehe. This was a fun chapter ;) Stay STD free <3

I watched as my mother picked up box after box and hauled them to different parts of the house. She was starting to show now and I have to admit…she looked really super cute. My mother was a very skinny woman with slight curves, and now she was even curvier with that little bulge in her stomach and the more apparent curves and bigger boobs. Her hair was shinier and she was always smiling it seems like. I don’t know any dufus that smiles while hauling boxes across the house. Lucas was rolling his eyes every time he had to return to the attic to hand her something. Bruter was annoyed in general.

“Maria, I told you not to carry boxes in your state.” Bruter glared at her from the bottom step of the stairs. I chuckled into my hand.

“I’m pregnant, not incapacitated,” my mother shot back. That made me laugh even harder. She sat a box down and headed for another. Bruter sighed and grabbed her arm, pulling her to him.

“Slow down, Maria, you don’t need to work so hard.”

“I just want things to be perfect.” My mother lowered her eyes.

Bruter swept her hair from her face. “Darling, everything will be fine, now sit down, okay?” He led her to the couch and she sat.

See, Thanksgiving was in another two weeks. Tonight was Quinton’s party, next Saturday was the famous Carnival, and then that Thursday was Thanksgiving. My mother was running around trying to find the perfect dishware and decorations for when the Scott family showed up on Turkey Day. In my opinion, she was crazy. But I know she was just nervous that they wouldn’t like her, considering the circumstances.

For one, she was pregnant by a man she wasn’t married to. Second, the man she was pregnant by was my math teacher. Third, she already had two children by another man she was never married to. Fourth, she was pretty slutty when you thought about all of the other numbers of one through three. That was not a good look, and I can understand her nerves.

“Mom, for the love of God, do I have to bring all these down here? Half of this stuff is dusty and old anyways!” Lucas whined.

“You can stop now, but we need to finish later.” Mom smiled.

“No, I’m going out with my friends, I need a drink.”

“You’re nineteen—you aren’t supposed to be drinking.” Her eyes grew hard.

“Whatever, bye.” He headed for his room to take a shower. He had a serious clean mindset, it was scary sometimes. He took showers after dinner, as if eating made a person dirty, the loser.

Maggie trotted in and I stepped away from the kitchen to walk over to her. “You don’t have practice, right?”

“Nope, thank God. I have it on Monday though. What are you doing today?”

“Uh, going to a party.” I shrugged.

“I wish I could go to cool high school parties.” She snorted.

I rolled my eyes. “So, you never told me how your friends took your love for Alden.”

Maggie sighed and shifted on her feet. “They dropped me, we aren’t friends anymore.”

I laughed and she frowned at me. “I’m laughing because I figured that would happen. They weren’t your real friends anyways. Make some new ones.”

“I have—actually, I’m even more popular than before. It’s interesting. So, how do you handle your popularity?” Maggie blinked up at me.

“Wh-what?” I stuttered, a light blush forming on my cheeks.