↳ 22

22✨

KIMBERLY WAS excited, anticipating

today was the day of the eastview high spring dance.

she spent her free time that saturday at school with ruby, youth and deliah setting up for the dance, hyping each other up and posting themselves on each other's social medias. it was going to be a good day today.

"we finna look cute, they gon' be pressed!" hollers ruby, clapping her hands to emphasize  while youth and deliah did nothing but hype her up. kim was on the phone with her mom laughing at her friends. "...is that ruby being loud?" kim nods over the phone. "yes ma'am. we're all very excited for the dance but i don't think anybody could compare to ruby right now..."

noel mumbles something about teenagers being dramatic as hell before going back to cleaning. "well tell her to calm her ass down, i need her to drive you back home after school." kim looks back over at ruby who was now doing the hot nigga dance before looking back ahead. "i'll try."

"bye kim, be ready by 6:40!" ruby reminds as kim hops out and closes ruby's car door behind her

"sir yes sir!" kim salutes ruby before entering her home

"mama i'm here and we have to start—woah!" kim walked into the living room to find a whole bunch of hair products and supplies around while her mother sat on a foldout chair with a big tooth comb in her hand. "i was ready fo' this baby," her mom raised a eyebrow at her, "question is: are YOU?"

kim took a shower before her mother began doing her hair, buzzing with excitement as she went on and on to her mother about random things—surprisingly, her mother never asked if anyone was taking her to the dance

around 6:30, kim was finished and ready to leave. dressed and styled to perfection, makeup done, looking three inches taller in her shoes and the lighting outside was hitting her just right

oop, time to take advantage!

INSTAGRAM !
(MULTIPOST)

633 likes, 97 comments

slim.kxm: *insert iconic drake lyric here* 👸🏾

COMMENTS

amourrubyyy: HOLY SHIT WIFEY💍
comment liked by slim.kxm

bitch_its_youth: this much hotness should've at least came with a warning
comment liked by slim.kxm
slim.kxm: ❤️❤️much luv

die_anne_uh: @slim.kxm , so u cheating on me now ???? @amourrubyyy
amourrubyyy: hol up wait bish who u ,,?
die_anne_uh: the best friend before you ever were
deliahnotdelilah: ☕️!

yungboi.trayvon: why didn't u just take a full body picture? duh 🙄
die_anne_uh: why tf u care
die_anne_uh: xariana getting boring now?
slim.kxm: i just went from this🙍🏽‍♀️to this🙍🏻‍♀️ bc of all that shade
comment liked by die_anne_uh
die_anne_uh: periodt bitch

leo watches her earnestly from a distance, he had been hiding away from her all day and it was practically killing him, especially now
but all he could do was wait and stay away, which became increasingly difficult the longer he observed the goddess right in front of him.

right on the dot at 6:40 jace's big black toyota rolled up and kim kissed her mother goodbye before hopping inside the car. kim's mother surveyed all the young adults. "you all make sure to keep an eye on each other and don't do crazy shit that'll either get yo ass beat or arrested, clear?"

"yes ma'am," everyone in the car says in unison.

noel let the kids drive off while shaking her head to herself. "if i get one phone call...ooou, they gon' get it, that's on god..."

she prayed for nothing horrible to happen, but when the woman enters her house, her eyes widen at the sight in horror

leo was hiding in the pantry when noel noticed the growing puddle of water from under the kitchen counter. "what the hell? i don't got time for this!" noel searched around the kitchen for the mop, or a rag or even a damn dirty shirt to soak the water with. she stopped looking however when a business card on the kitchen island suddenly appeared in front of her. noel picks it up and reads it over before carefully walking over to the home phone to dial.

the spacious gym was dim with fluorescent lighting flashing all around as the huge crowd of students, teachers and various staff members occupied the space. whether people were on the dancefloor or not, everyone was grooving to the sound of the DJ's music - trap, dance, hip-hop and r&b music filled the room and echoed. at first it was fun, kim was dancing with her friends and wasn't alone. but when the music switched up to a more smoother sound - her group of friends broke off into their respective couples.

"hey where's your romeo?" a voice chimes beside her as kim sat down where the tables were on her phone. kim looked up at riley with a tight-lipped smile. "i don't know.."

but i should've known, kimberly thinks sullenly to herself.

"oh. i'm sorry." kim shrugs. "it's whatever."

riley spoke again. "does he do this all the time?"

kim shakes her head, blushing at the mere thought of the blonde "no, he's usually always here for me...."

kim looks back up at riley, "why do you ask?"

riley smiles nervously. "'cause i thought: maybe if he isn't here to give a gorgeous girl like you a good time, i could at least try."

kim observes the handsome black boy in front of her before her eyes shift on something behind him.

her heartbeat starts to pick up as her breathing slows down,

she blinks again and again and again, as if her whole world just became a dream

because leo walked in, tux on with his hair gelled back, a smirk on his lips

looking at nobody but her.