"Dude, what's up," The taller out of the two greeted her male companion, looking amused. The one with the blond hair glanced at her from head to toe, licking his lips as his eyes shamelessly lingered on her exposed cleavage. Vera fought the urge to rip his eyes out of his face with her bare hands as she looked away, flipping her blonde hair. "Come on in. I'm dying to meet you. Natalie's being talking about you nonstop. The lady's whacked, right?"

Jeff and Mutt both laughed.

"But she seemed totally convinced that you're the one," He added, looking over at his companion.

"No offense, but I thought you'd be a little bit more jacked," The blond one started talking, "I was picturing you like totally ripped – like the Rock."

"That seems stereotypical dude,"

"What do you mean?"

Vera rolled her eyes at the two idiots. They were slowly getting into her nerves as she watched them with a scowl on her face, utterly bored out of her mind.

"Yeah it's not cool," The taller guy said to the blond, before he turned towards Michael, "Uh, what's your name again?"

"Michael," Her boss' son introduced himself with a nod, "Langdon."

"Even you got to admit that's a little weak, right?" The brown haired guy, who she'd later known as Mutt, chuckled with his companion, Jeff, the blond one.

"Shouldn't you be Beelzebub, or some shit?" Jeff teased with a laugh, "Old Scratch?" He highfived his buddy, irritating Michael. The Anti-Christ almost slammed into Vera's body as he headed straight towards the door.

Letting out a sigh, the blonde forced Michael to look into her eyes as the two called after him. "Teach them a lesson," She told him firmly, smirking internally, "Show them who you really are."

He nodded his head as he looked down at her, his eyes briefly glancing at her cleavage before he turned back to Jeff and Mutt.

"How do we know that you're the Anti-Christ?" Jeff wondered after they both spewed up some worthless things that Vera didn't bother to listen to. Michael glanced at her, and she nodded her head in encouragement.

The Devil's son showed them his 666 tattoo, but the two still seemed unconvinced. Michael had to resort to burning the hooker into dust in seconds. Vera leaned against the desk, her face blank as she glanced at the ashes of the poor girl. The Anti-Christ's display of power did something to her, forcing her to shut her legs as she walked towards her companion. The lights flickered as Michael showed them his pale demonic face, forcing them to get down on their knees and exclaim "Hail Satan" in fear of them.

Placing a hand on the blond's clothed shoulder, she smirked at Jeff and Mutt, "So, do you believe him now?"

The two could only nod as they looked at her with their mouths open.

♥☠♥☠♥

AN HOUR LATER, Vera and Michael found themselves outside the building, eating sushi with the two coke-heads. She pretended to listen to the conversation, but honestly, she couldn't care less. The blonde was just there to aid in Michael in any way that she could, not to get involved in his business.

However, much to her dismay, Jeff turned his attention to her after they talked about how and why they sold their souls. "How about you? Are you his whore or something? His bitch maybe?"

Vera raised an eyebrow at the blunt question, "Excuse me?"

"I was just asking if I could borrow you from Michael," Jeff continued, seemingly unaffected at his insensitivity as he eyed her shamelessly, "I'd pay you, of course. Name your price."

The blonde was about to utter a response to such shaming but Michael had beat her to it, his palm slamming onto the table as he glared at the blond coke-head.

"You will do no such thing," He said through gritted teeth, his other hand clenched at his sides, "Vera is not my whore or my bitch. She's my adviser. You will treat her with respect."

Vera shifted in her seat as she glanced at Michael, seeing him in a completely different light since they first met. But she just because he defended her, it didn't mean that she liked him already. There was still a long way to go before they became acquaintances. 

Mutt hit his buddy on the back, "Apologize, Jeff! That's not very nice to say."

Jeff pouted as he looked away, "Fine. I'm sorry, okay? I can't help it that your woman is really hot. Where did you get her by the way?"

Michael did not answer him as she placed a hand on Vera's thigh. The blonde glared at the Anti-Christ, but she didn't say anything or swatted his hand away. She could feel the anger swirling in his veins and she didn't want to push him further until he exploded. And not to mention, he defended her and her dignity from Jeff. 

There was also the fact that they needed to finish what they were doing with the two coke-heads even though Vera couldn't really stand them. The sooner, the better, she thought, as she watched Michael pull out a picture from the pocket of his pants.

_______________

UNEDITED

Vera and Michael in this chapter though 

Sorry it took so long for me to update but last week was really busy and i spent most of my time at school so yeah

I will update ELYSIUM tom if you guys are interested 

BTW  I know it's not Ms. Venable on the front desk but Idk who to put in there haha

thank you guys for reading 

LOVE bela <3