Chapter 1

(Amy's POV)

I was having a day dream of a cow chasing a piece of cotton candy over a double rainbow when I was brought suddenly back to reality by my math teacher.

"Amy! Pay attention!" My math teacher snapped for the fifth time that lesson.

I stared up at my teacher with innocent hazel eyes. "Oh! I'm sooo sorry Ms. Macafee!" I said melting my teachers heart immediately.

Ms. Macafee returned to her math class and I glanced around the room to see some of the boys in the class room giving me approving smiles or winks. I winked back at them and brushed a strand of my auburn hair from my face.

I sat in my chair and doodled a picture of a bunny with a carrot. It was by far the worst picture of a bunny I had ever seen. I groaned, but then by a stroke of luck the bell rang and school was over. I dashed out the door and put my books into my locker. I closed my locker with a loud clank and looked around.

Everyone was gone.

None of my friends had stopped by my locker to walk with me to the library before we went to swim practice. I walked down the eerily empty hallways before finally stopping in front of a wall of windows.

"Where is everyone?" I asked aloud my voice echoing throughout the empty halls. I turned to look out of the window, the parking lot outside was half empty. Several bright Autumn leaves blew past, nothing appeared out of the ordinary.... that is except for.

I squinted. 'That's funny.' I thought. 'It looks like a purple woolly mammoth is charging at the windows.'

My eyes widened, "Holy shit! There is a purple woolly mammoth that is charging at me!" I slowly began to back away from the window. After a few steps I bumped into someone.

I looked up to see a boy standing behind me who I'd never seen before, he looked down at me with curiosity.

"Who are you talking to?" He asked, his light blue eyes looking right into mine.

"N-No one." I stuttered.

The boy than smiled. "Good, for a second there I thought you were crazy!"

But as he laughed the purple mammoth thing crashed through the window.

"Oh, you should probably take a step back while I handle this."

I didn't hesitate and took one big step back as he slung a gym bag off of his shoulder and onto the floor. The purple thing slowly paced back and forth as if unsure what to do now that it had broken the window.

"Alright!" The boy said un-zipping his bag. "Let's see what we got!"

"Spear; No not strong enough." To my surprise he actually pulled out a real spear from his bag and set it to the side. 

'There's no way that spear couldn't fit in there! The bag's not even close to being big enough!'

"Nun-chucks; Those won't do anything."

To my surprise, next he pulled out a pistol and cocked it. "Gun with silver bullets; Sadly only for werewolves."

"Um, lets see... Wooden steak cross dipped in garlic an holy water; Obviously only for Vampires."

"Ninja stars..." He laughed and looked back at me. "You only use those on ninjas." 

The purple monster gave a low growl. I yelped, "Um, do you think you could hurry up before we die?"

He looked up at me as if surprised. "Yeah, sure I guess." He reached into his bag again. "Here we go!"

He pulled out a grappling hook and handed it to me. "Alright you shoot it in the neck and then I'll attack it." He said pulling out a sword.

"But..." I began not sure that this was such a good idea.

"No time for buts! Go!" He cried pushing me forward.

I fumbled with the grappling hook while trying to figure out how to aim. Finally I got it, I pulled the trigger and somehow managed to hit the monster in the neck. Hooray!

But then it charged at me and I ran for my life. I turned my head to see the boy leaning against a wall laughing at me as I ran in circles. "Is that boy dense or something?" I muttered angrily under my breath.

"A little help here?" I cried in exasperation.

In one fluid motion he had picked me up and chopped off the monsters head.

"What took you so long?" I glowered, unhappy with how close his face was to mine.

"A knight always comes to save a damsel in distress!"

"So that makes you a knight?" I asked sceptically.

"Well Yes." He said looking confused. "After all I am the one who saved you from that angry herbivore."

"Wait, that was a herbivore?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes." He replied calmly.

"Then why was it trying to eat me?" I asked exasperated.

"Well I would be mad too if you shot me in the neck with a grappling hook!" He laughed.

"You told me to shoot it with the grappling hook!" I cried.

He frowned. "No, I'm pretty sure I told you not to shoot it with the grappling hook."

I glared at him, I was fed up with this boy all I wanted to do was get away from him and go to swim practice. "Put me down."

He pouted at me, "Come on! What did I do?" 

"I said put me down!" I commanded, more fiercely this time.

He stared at me a second before shrugging and dropping me right onto my butt.

"Hey!" I fumed, "Aren't knights supposed to follow some code of chivalry?"

"So now I'm a knight? Can you please make up your mind?"

I opened my mouth but I was interrupted by an angry voice. "What is going on here?"

I quickly stood up. "Oh God!" I swore under my breath.

"I hate to break it to you but he's not God." The boy whispered into my ear making me jump.

I pushed his face away from me. "No that's the principal!" I hissed urgently as the school principal walked into the room.

"Don't make me repeat myself! What is going on here?" The principal roared.

The boy casually extended his hand. "Hi, I'm Tyler. I'm the new transfer students from the states."

"New transfer student?" The principle asked gruffly, staring at Tyler's hand like it was going to explode.

"Yes, I'm sorry about the mess sir. You see I was practicing for the drama club with my new friend Amy here!" He cheerily swung his arm over my shoulder like we were the best of friends.

"How?..." I began, shocked that he knew my name.

Tyler nudged me and continued taking so I wouldn't say anymore. "Someone came by and threw rocks at the windows and they just shattered. I'm terribly sorry Sir."

The principle nodded. "I expect you to clean up all of this glass!"

Tyler smiled. "I wouldn't expect any less Sir! We'll begin right away!" Then he pulled me away by the wrist to go get some brooms.