Chapter 2

(*Amy's POV*)

 "So you're from the U.S.?" I asked casually as we swept up the glass.

Tyler laughed. "No... Where would you get a stupid idea like that?"

"You just said that a few minutes ago!"

"No i didn't."

"I'm pretty sure you did."

"Why would I lie to you?" He asked looking at me with his big, blue, puppy dog eyes.

"Why wouldn't you?" I snapped, thoroughly irritated with him.

"Well because... I love you."

I stared at him for a few seconds in shock. That was completely uncalled for! There are words that shouldn't be thrown around so plainly and without thought and love is one of them.

I slapped him in the face as hard as I could.

"Ouch! Did I say something wrong?" He asked rubbing the part his cheek where a red hand print was forming.

"Yes!" I cried. "You don't just go throwing words around like that! Someone will get hurt!"

He looked at me in surprise. "Oh, I'm sorry I don't actually know what I'm saying."

I stared at Tyler in shock, what the hell was wrong with this kid? He seemed insane, to the point of being a psychopath. I had to get away from this weirdo as soon as possible, the girls locker room wasn't too far away and I had to be at swim practice in 15 minutes anyway.

"Well, um... It was nice to meet you, but I'm going to be late for swimming. Goodbye." I said dropping  the broom and running away down the hallway and eventually into the girls locker room. I collapsed against the door.

"Um, Amy are you ok?" My friend Hazel asked looking down at me like I had gone crazy.

I got up and dusted myself off. "Some exchange student form the States. He was really creepy I'll have to tell you all about it, it was probably the worst experience in my life!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 (*Lynx's POV*)

"Lynx, you have to protect her."

"I remember her voice, but nothing else. Why can't I remember who she is?" I murmured in frustration. A month ago at the beginning of the school year I had a dream, it was a strange dream. I couldn't see anything but I could hear a woman talking to me. She kept telling me to protect her. She never said a name but somehow I just knew she was talking about Amy.

I sat in the bleachers watching the girls swim team and listening to my I-pod. I had been assigned to lifeguard duty in case one of the girls started to drown.

"Can I join you?" I turned my head to see a girl standing next to me.

She seemed like a normal girl except for the fact that her hair was a purplish-black. She was wearing a black tank top, striped black and white arm warmers and shorts even though it was late October in Canada and very cold outside. I stared at her feeling as if I recognized her, but that seemed to happen to me a lot so I just decided to ignore the feeling.

I nodded and she sat next to me. I took out one of my ear buds and offered it to her. "Do you want to listen?"

She smiled. "Sure."

We listened in silence for a while.

"My name's Blair." She said finally, extending a pale hand.