CHAPTER NINETEEN - ROCK AND ROLL

Start from the beginning

-

-

I walked down the corridor quickly, following Dot as I clutched an empty tube, hurrying towards the Tube Room. 

"Gloria! The Handler knows that Five and Zero are up to something. Get this to Hazel and Cha-Cha immediately," Dot said, handing a tube to the lady at the desk. "Immediately!"

Gloria nodded, stammering, "Okay, yeah. Who are they?"

I slipped through the wall quietly as Gloria collapsed on the floor, the tube in her hands rolling out as Five picked it up and headed for the typewriter immediately.

"Five!" I hissed. "You really need to start telling me stuff."

"When you tell me stuff, I will," he replied, not looking up as he pulled the paper from the tube.

REASSIGNMENT: PROTECT HAROLD JENKINS.

"Who's that?" I asked as Five shoved the paper into his pocket and grabbed a piece of paper, inserted it to the typewriter and started typing in something.

"Cha-Cha," Five said as he tore the paper quickly from the writer, shoving it into a tube and tossing it to me as he grabbed another paper and started typing once more.

I nodded, flipping the cover to a tube and slipped the tube in as Five did the same with the other one.

The pneumatic tubes whooshed as they send the messages away.

"You know that's not how we do things here," a familiar voice said.

Five and I smiled at the Handler, who asked, "Where's Gloria?"

"Don't know. Couldn't find her anywhere," Five replied.

Gloria groaned from behind the desk, as if on cue.

I stared at the Handler as Five and I moved to stand side by side.

"You're great disappointments to me," the Handler shook her head. "You can't change what's to come. I truly find it so odd that you can't shed this fantasy. You're first-rate pragmatists! You belong here with us!"

"We don't belong anywhere, thanks to you," I growled.

"You made us killers!" Five scowled.

"You were always killers," the Handler replied, unzipping the side of her dress and pulling out a gun. "I just pointed you in a direction."

Five jumped as she pointed it at us and fired. The bullet sailed right through me as I sighed, "Do you people never learn?" 

The Handler continued firing at us as an alarm sounded around HQ.

"Security to Tube Room."

"Security breach in Tube Room."

I scowled as I opened my palm, pulling the shadows from the side.

"Security to Tube Room."

"Security breach in Tube Room."

The Handler cocked her head as she glared at me, still shooting.

I dragged the shadows towards her as I inched backwards, shifting in and out from the shadows as she continued shooting.

"What's the rush, sweethearts? We're just getting started," she taunted as I dragged myself into the shadows. "Is this really how you want the last line of your report to read?" 

"Well, I'm just done, I guess," Five appeared in the middle of the corridor.

"You can't keep this up, Five. We both know that even you have a limit," the Handler scowled. "I saved you from a lifetime of being alone. You owe me."

"Yeah, I have a limit, but Zero hasn't reached her's yet," Five smirked.

The Handler pulled the trigger again, her gun cocking, her magazine empty.

I pulled myself from the shadows and struck, dragging my razor-sharp beauties towards her and slashing her legs.

"Remain calm."

"Do not panic."

"Please evacuate."

"I do owe a debt," Five continued, jumping over to me. "But it's not to you."

He fished out a grenade from his pocket, pulling the pin and smiling cheekily at the Handler before rolling it towards her.

The grenade stopped next to her blood red heels and Five pulled me outside the room, bracing us as the inside exploded.

He grabbed me again, jumping towards the tube room and grabbing a suitcase before pulling out another grenade and dumping it inside the briefcase room.

The man outside shouted at us. "Hey, what are you doing-"

The room exploded as Five held on to me, the briefcase shuddering as we jumped.

I gripped Five's hand tightly as he pulled me into the portal.

There was a whoosh and I was yanked forward, the wind slamming into my face as my ears started ringing.

The world spun around us, a shrill ticking ringing around us.

I landed on to Five as we slammed on the bar counter.

"Je-Jesus!" Allison screamed.

I groaned.

"You guys, am I still high or do you see them, too?" Klaus asked.

"Guys, where've you been?" Luther demanded.

"Are you alright?" Allison asked worriedly as Five rolled down from the bar.

"Who did this?"

"Irrelevant," Five replied, stumbling aside.

I sat up, groaning as Five grabbed the drink from Allison and slurped it down.

"We know who's responsible for the apocalypse," I said, grabbing a bottle from behind the counter and chugged straight from it.

Five fished the piece of paper from his pocket and handed it to Allison, who quickly snatched it up and unfolded it.

"This is who we have to stop," he said as our siblings crowded together to look at the piece of paper.

"Harold Jenkins?" Allison muttered.

"Who the hell is Harold Jenkins?" Diego asked.