Chapter Twenty - Birthday Crasher

Magsimula sa umpisa

    “That's specifically from me. I thought you and I could have a girl's shopping day. You know, just you and I,” Alison suggested.

    “That's perfect, Alison. Thank you,” I said to both Dad and Alison honestly.

    “Your welcome, dear,” Alison smiled.

    “Happy Birthday, Krissy,” Dad patted my head like a little girl.

    I wanted to play around on my new iPhone but Rhi placed another present on my lap.

    I picked it up and looked for a card or tag, not able to fine one.

    “Actually that one's from me for you to open on your own, Krissy,” Brent spoke up.

    Colton raised an eyebrow suspiciously at him. Brent just shrugged innocently.

    I shook the box lightly, wanting to know what was inside.

    “No don't-” Brent was cut off.

    The box was starting to vibrate but I didn't think anyone really noticed except Brent, Colton and I. I shook the box again and it was still. I put it aside and glared at Brent. I knew exactly what he's gotten me and I was so glad he'd stopped me from opening it in front of everyone.

    Colton's going to give him hell for it. I was sure.

    Colton's present was next. He handed me a small box that was neatly wrapped. I open it to see a new Pandora bracelet.

    Oh my Josh!

    “How did you know I wanted one of these?” I asked.

    “I guessed. Did I do good?” he asked, biting his lip nervously.

    “You did perfect, thank you, Colton,” I said honestly. I had to be careful and remember that Alison and Dad we're watching.

    I gave him a hug, making sure no one would look into it.

    “The other half is for later,” he whispered in my ear before he pulled away.

    Other half? There was more? How could this day get any better. I just wished he didn't spend so much one me. I knew how expensive those kind of bracelets were.

    Daniel had gotton me some charms for the bracelet, obviously getting the idea from Colton. He never was good with gift shopping.

    Rhi had gotten me a beautiful green dress that she'd picked out herself for me. It was slim at the top and skirted out by the waist. It was really cute and had a back shimmer belt to go with it. She said she got it for me to wear tonight.

    Apparently we were all going out for dinner to celebrate tonight. Daniel, Colton, Rhi, Brent and I.

    I was so excited to have a birthday with all my friends and boyfriend. I was jumping up and down. Could this day get any better!?

    I guess I spoke to soon.

                §

    Later on in the afternoon, I was playing around on my iPod. I had set up my facebook on it and memorized my new number. Colton had already punched his number in it with his signature heart beside it, same as my old phone, and taken a picture of us together as his contact picture.

    I was playing a new app that I'd discovered when a facebook notification popped on my screen.

    I launched facebook and waited for it to load. I had a new message.