Beginning of the End ❀ RyujixFem!ReaderxAmaimon

Author's Note: Just needed some fluff of my favorite screwed up family AU. Yeah I changed it to second person since most people like it; the kids names are Yuuka, Moriko (the twins) and Ambrose

╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱

Below in the shallow dip of the grassy knoll the kids were romping around in a very vigorous game of tag with their father and two uncles. Escaping Amaimon and Rin with semi ease but really it was Uncle Yukio they had to look out for. Moriko the only one clever enough out of her twin and younger brother to give their witty uncle the slip. Slightly above it all you let a contented sigh leave your as Bon trekked up the hillside to you.

"Amaimon and the kids won't let you tap out for long," you were infected with the late spring smiles as your partner came to sit down in the grass next to you.

"What's your excuse for not being down there?" Bon nudged your side.

Casting your eyes down at the foolery going on so far away yet so close warmed your heart more than any sunny day could, "I'm mom. I don't have to. That's why they've got two dads." Unaware of the eyes watching you, it took you a moment before turning to see Bon just quietly observing you, "What?"

The spring air infectious when your quip only caused him to smile and look out at the rebuilt Myoda hillside, "Nothing."

Months, years, sweat and tears spent rebuilding and reestablishing their life on the once deserted Myoda grounds. Not a soul had come back after the Blue Night so long ago. Save for Tatsuma but even after he stepped down from the head priest position following the defeat of the Impure King. Even the old geezer stopped coming up the mountain side. The elements had not doing the buildings well. Called out for being foolish when Bon said he wanted permission to start fixing up the buildings. Most the Myoda had seen it as senseless. You and Amaimon backing him all the way.

Birth of both your twin girls. Yout young son. All three of them now eleven and nine. It was a long time coming to be able to sit during the peak of spring and just enjoy what all of your had accomplished. A home the kids could grow up in and you could grow old in. Protected by the baal of earth and both sons of satan. Surreal yet in the realist way.

Bon leaned over to take your hand in his. Caught off guard but wathcing skeptically as he raised your hand to his lips. Gently laying a kiss to the top of your hand. You didn't fight the smirk, "I wouldn't do that, Ambrose sneezed into my hand earlier."

"Don't worry," Bon looked up at you with his lips pressing a smile to your hand, "He sneezed in my face before tag."

"Your kids are gross," You snickered childishly.

"I blame Rin for that," Bon laced his fingers with yours when he came to scoot closer.

Chuckling and the very deliberate eruption of laughter you both watched the kids tackle Rin to the ground unmercifully. It looked like it hurt but you didn't say anything down to them. Especially when Amaimon began up the hill to the both of you.

Unusually out of breath you poked fun as the demon came into earshot, "Thought you didn't get tired?"

"I'm not tired," Amaimon rebuked even though the heaving deep breath gave him away. He stopped before both of you. Bending down in an unspoken way he nuzzled his forehead against Bon's and then followed to do the same to you, "They're inhuman."

"They are yours," Bon posed the simple fact when Amaimon plopped down between you with a thud.

Amaimon settled down quickly between you both. Golden eyes turned down watching from the vantage point as the three gremlins weren't letting up on Rin at all. Slightly glad to have called an out and make it up to you and Bon. Amaimon leaned forward on his propped up knees just to gnaw at his thumb nail, "They are."

His statement so much more than that. Both humans knowing after years to hear between the words the demon actually spoke. You leaned over to rest your head on his shoulder. Bon following suit but he rested his cheek against the top of the baal's head. Careful of that god awful horn a top his mop of green hair. The trio sat in spring filled silence enjoying the muffled screams of Rin as he got overpowered by three adolescents and the chirping birds that only mocked the son of satan's suffering at the hands of his nieces and nephew.

"...thank you," Bon mumbled for the both of you to hear.

"For what?" Amaimon straightforward confused what his partner meant.

You sat up from resting her head on Amaimon. You both turned to see Bon staring almost blankly out at the vastness far past the day picnic they'd set up. What broke his stoic expression was a simple smile turned towards his family, "For all of this. I couldn't have done it without you both." His words stopped and Bon turned to both of you, "I wouldn't have wanted to do this without you both."

Struggling with uncertainty since the first time they met. And the first time you and Bon kissed. And any numerous occasions when you fought if any of what you were doing was right or wrong. The three kids and the two men beside you were the reassurance needed that this really was where you wanted to end up.

Amaimon spoke up before you had a chance to even process the right feeling, "I understand now, why brother loved Assiah so much." Catching both of you by surprise. You and Bon looked at Amaimon fixated down on the romping around at the base of the hill. Unable to really convey much emotion over the years he learned words and that was good enough for the baal, "...I wouldn't want to go back to Gehenna anymore either. This is, fun."

Swelling with pride to finally hear how these two dunces felt. You wiped the tears threatening to break past her lashes, "Jeesh you two-"

"Mom! Mom Dads! Dads!" Interrupting or not the girls shouted at their parents from the base of the hill.

"What?" Bon hollered back as you all were more than use to kids butting into moments now.

"Uncle Rin said lunch is ready! Can we wait and go to the river!?" The girls more than ready to weasel out of a sit down meal tried their best to pull a fast one over on their dad.

Groaning Bon got up and lumbered down the hill so he could hear them better. Amaimon quick to follow with the incentive of food and parental backup if the girls drug their younger brother into coping out of sitting down to eat. You could hear them all arguing the moment Bon said no and the string of preteen groans followed by Amaimon explaining the river hasn't and wasn't going anywhere but the food was. It was hard not to smile. You finally stood up with the vantage point of the expanding mountainside and this mess of family nothing but a fleck in all the Kyoto beauty. This, this was what you'd been waiting to experience. The beginning of the end. How perfect.