Get Rich Quick

There are two ways to get rich quick. The first one is to write a book about how to get rich quick. But as we all know, writing is very, very hard. If it wasn't, everyone would be rich already. The second way is much easier, but it require starting capital and good credit.

The first thing you must do is find an impoverished neighborhood in the United States that has a good reputation for having a strong social safety net. I recommend somewhere in California or New York State. Next you'll want to find a commercial or mixed-use block in that neighborhood. Make sure it is within a short walk from the residential area, but you'll want to avoid being too close to residential spaces as you are going to eventually buy three buildings there and they'll probably cost a few million each, because they're that valuable.

Now, why three? One business is tough enough let alone three. The reason you need three is because of something I learned at the Finney Farm, in Washington State, from my friend, Jennie Goforth. What I learned from her was the Three Sisters Method of farming. This is just one of the many gems you'll find inside your legally purchased copy of The Rogue Scientist's Guide to (trademark) Philosophical Farming and Sustainable Living.

If you were a major corporation with unlimited wealth and resources, and you plan on doing some farming, what you are going to be involved in is monocrop production. This is where you have vast fields and fields of only one crop, such as sugarcane, cotton, or corn. Monocropping is bad for crops and soil. It requires tons more artificial fertilizers than planting mixed crops. So, why do big companies do this?

Because, paying for all that fertilizer is cheaper than to pay human beings wages to pick through mixed crops, instead of having harvesting machines gobble them up row by row. But, we'll get to labor later in this book when we discuss means of sustenance. Right now, I want to make sure you know how to get rich quick, that's the topic of this chapter.

So, if you are a little guy and you're starting your farm up from scratch and you want to plant some crops, your best bet is to use the Three Sisters Method, or TSM for short. TSM is a practice that is believed to have begun in Mexico around 6000 B.C.E. While TSM can refer to any complimentary crops that comes in threes, it is traditionally squash, corn, and beans.

The beans grow around the stock of the corn, take in air and release nitrogen into the soil. Because the bean is growing on the corn stock, this is no need for bean poles or netting. The hard prickly vines of the squash deter small animals from invading the garden, and its leaves provide further nutrients for the soil.

Now, I can't tell you how much the American Indians of 6000 B.C.E. knew about nitrogen and soil nutrients, but I can tell you they tried it and it worked. When it worked, they keep doing it. When the Europeans came to America, the American Indians didn't try to sell them the secret of TSM in a get rich quick book. They just told them because they were sick of watching the Europeans starving to death. The ones that listened, didn't starve. At least, that's how the story goes.

This is something Robert Kiyosaki, author of Rich Dad Poor Dad, would call working smart, not hard. This is also what Jacque Fresco, of The Venus Project (TVP), would call natural design.

The concept of natural design is not a hard one. The idea is simply this: You can try to tell a tree how to grow, but you don't have to, because a tree already know the best way to grow, at least for the tree's sake. If you want a tree to grow better, you can't educate it, you can't build a better tree, you can only create the circumstances in which the tree has best opportunity grow, and this is the basic philosophical principle behind TSM.