Chapter 18

Rainbow Dash found herself unable to fly as shadowy entrails wrapped around her figure. She opened her mouth widely to let out a silent scream. Tears coursing down her face as the shadowy tentacles squeezed tighter.

"Help me, Rainbow Dash..." she heard Twilight Sparkle's broken voice plead to her. Even though she wasn't anywhere near her, it sounded very close. Rainbow Dash could've sworn she felt her breath brush against her fur. "Help me, Dashy... Help me... Please..."

"T-Twilight..." Rainbow Dash gagged as a dark entrail wrapped itself around her neck and squeezed it.

Images suddenly flashed before her eyes. Images of Twilight curled up in the floor in a fetal position with her hooves covering her head. Even though she couldn't hear it, Rainbow Dash knew she was screaming. A loud, chilling laughter suddenly echoed throughout the darkness. Rainbow Dash found it harder to breath as the entrails squeezed her fragile body tighter. She thought she heard one of her ribs break. A pair of crimson irises, surrounded by green, suddenly appeared in the darkness with whisps of purple smoke coming out from the corners.

"Somebody help me, please!" Rainbow Dash managed to choke out.

A the same chilling laughter replied. "No pony can save you." the dark voice said dangerously. "Even if they wanted to, they will never reach you. You will break. Shatter. Allowing the darkness to claim what remains of your broken soul. Just how I did to your beloved friend..."

"W-what are you talking about?" Rainbow Dash squeaked. The eyes suddenly disappeared along with the entrails.

Rainbow Dash's eyes snapped open as soon as the entrails released her body. She was greeted by a few silhouettes that were gathered around her. She lifted her arm up to shield her eyes from the sunlight as her vision settled.

"Dash?" one of them, Scootaloo, asked worriedly.

"Is everything alright?" another one, Strongheart's, added.

"Maybe she's still asleep." she heard Sweetie Belle's voice say.

"Ponies don't sleep with their eyes open, dummy!" she heard Apple Bloom say in a know-it-all tone.

"Hey! You don't know that!" Sweetie Belle protested.

"Ladies, ladies." a male voice said gently. "There's no reason to fight right now. Rainbow Dash needs all of us right now."

"Ok, Mr. Star Knight." Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle murmured in unison.

Rainbow Dash suddenly came to life. "Star Knight?" she asked, quickly sitting up. The white pegasus smiled warmly at her. His brilliant green and blue shaded mane flowing lightly in the wind like a multicolored waterfall falling sideways.

"In the flesh." he said. He grunted in surprise when Rainbow Dash suddenly tackled him in a tight hug. "Woah! Easy there, girl." he chuckled as he hugged her back.

"I'm sorry." Rainbow Dash said as she pulled away from him, "It's been so long since I've last seen you. The last time we saw each other was after our release from the hospital three months ago. How's your wing?"

"Much better, actually." Star Knight replied while folding and unfolding his healed wing. "I learned how to fly again, too. But I'm afraid I'm not as fast as I use to be."

"It's alright." Rainbow Dash smiled. "At least you can fly again." Both Pegasi soon got back on their hooves and Rainbow Dash turned her attention over to the Cutie Mark Crusaders. "What happened?" she asked, "How did you guys find me?"

"The girls and I were teaching Strongheart how hide 'n go seek tag when Scootaloo found you sleeping underneath this tree." Apple Bloom explained. "Speaking of which. Why were you sleeping underneath a tree in the first place?"