•Chapter Two•

Davetrap was instantly awoken to the sound of thunder. There was a flash of white light that clawed its way through the sky.

Davetrap looked around anxiously only to feel his worries melt away. He saw Jack, in a driver's seat focusing on the road.

"Well, uh..." Davetrap looked out the window only to be greeted with a roar of thunder. "Nice weather, ain't it Old Sport?"

Jack gave a warm chuckle as he reached over and patted Davetrap's shoulder.

"Sure is" he responded warm. "It's just sunshine and rainbows." Jack hummed in a sing song voice.

Davetrap felt a bit relived, Jack had seemed distant since he had found him. Jack removed his hand from Davetrap and rested it on the counsel between them.

Davetrap looked at Jack's hand and hesitantly rested his own on Jack's. Jack didn't seem to mind one bit, he just focused on the road.

"Old Sport..." Davetrap muttered softly. He gazed down at his own feet.

"Hm...?" Jack turned his gaze towards Davetrap. Davetrap saw no emotion in Jack's soulless eyes.

"Do you love me...?" Davetrap watched his Old Sport's soften. The orange man was quiet, as if something was stuck in his throat. "As family..." Davetrap added stiffly.

"Yes...yes I do" grunted, Jack pulled has hand away from Davetrap's and focused on the road. He balled up his fist and passed it against his lips.

Davetrap felt Jack wasn't true to his word. He turned away and looked out his window.

He watched from its reflection as Jack rubbed his face slightly before resting his hand on the counsel.

"I'm sorry, I'm just..." Jack trailed off for a bit. "Just, really tired." Davetrap didn't look at Jack.

Davetrap suddenly felt his body stumble to the right. But, he felt a hand placed over his chest.

It didn't take Davetrap long to realize they were in the ditch.

"What the fuck happened?" Davetrap asked, only then Jack removed his hand from Davetrap's chest.

"Just a fucking deer" Jack grumbled as he snapped the shift stick into four wheel drive.

The truck groaned as mud seemed to launch in deeper. Jack gave a irritated sigh as he rested his hand on the back of Davetrap's seat and looked over.

The truck lunched out of the ditch. The thunder roared and seemed to shake the truck windows. Jack turned the wheel and they we're back on the road.

Davetrap sat in silence as Jack kept driving. The weather seemed to be getting worse.

"We're almost home" grumbled Jack. Davetrap felt happiness tingle through his dead corpse.