Prolouge

Hello readers! If you aren't one of my old readers, and you're only reading this for the first time, this prolouge is the rewrite! I've decided to rewrite a few chapters of this novel, but if you'd like to read the original chapters I have labeled them so you can go ahead and read that first. For those who want to read my rewrite, welcome back! God have mercy on my soul because I really worked for this. Here it is, the rewrite of Blood-lusting Villainess.

.. Who needs to make a deal with the devil when you already are one?

Eiko Harue, born with no parents, cursed with a gift.

In this world where power is attainable through rituals and sacrifices, Eiko Harue was titled 'Azura from the pits of Hell.'

Why?

Despite never having seen a ritual in her life, Eiko had the powers of a full-blown demon. She was a prodigy.

Due to this, she was taken down the path of a demon, passing the bounds of humanity and losing it in the course of time.

It wasn't easy to get the Azura to lose control, but when she did, blood would coat the walls and soak through the floorboards. No bones would remain, and there was no way to find even a tidbit of flesh.

She was a monster.

Eiko Harue knew that. She heard their whispers, heard their taunts, heard the fear in their voice, and heard the envy in their tones.

She knew she was a monster. What else had she been good at, in life? She wasn't a lady. She didn't know calligraphy, how to dress, how to smile and look pretty.

She knew how to bloody her hands.

She knew how to wield her blade. She knew one thousand, six hundred, thirty-three sword styles. She knew each and every way to run through the moonlight, without making a single sound. She knew how to hide a body. She knew how long she could survive without food and water. She knew how long she could live when blood poured out of her. She knew where her limits lay.

She knew everything about the art of kill and yet, take away that knowledge and she is nothing.

Nothing but an empty vessel of what she used to be.

What she used to be?

How idiotic.

She was never anything but a monster.

What point was there to feel anything but blood-lust and anger? What else but wrath and brutality? What was the point of trying to be normal? What was the point of feeling?

Life had always been so dull. So.. unchallenging.

To cause pain and feel pain, is there no better feeling?

She was undoubtedly a monster. In everyone's eyes, she was a murderer, a beast, an animal, a demon straight from the depths of hell, she wasn't human.

In everyone's eyes.

Except... for one.

Aurora Silverblood. The one who held her hands while bleeding out and smiled. The one who never once looked at her as a monster. No envy, no fear, no disgust, just... Admiration.

Her red hair was frizzy but soft to the touch. She remembers the way Aurora tied her hair in a single braid, as Eiko curiously watched her. Aurora asked her if she wanted her hair to be braided too. Surprising even herself, she said yes.

It took very long for Eiko to consider Aurora her 'friend', but after many trials of bloodshed and continuous admiration, it seemed to Eiko that the redhead just wanted to be with her.