moon rise

the vampire diaries 2x20 the last day

"Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse," Elijah said told Elena, Rowan, accompanied by the youngest Salvatore while they sat in the living early in the morning hours.

Stefan nodded replying, "Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus."

Explaining the curse briefly he said, "Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it... He'll be a true hybrid."

Walking into the room Damon asked, "Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie."

Warningly Rowan said, "Damon..."

Speaking up Elena reminded him, "No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying."

"I'll write her a great eulogy," he countered earning looks from everyone.

Rowan instantly warned him sternly, "It's not an option, Damon end of discussion."

"All right, how do we break this curse," Stefan asked the original changing the topic quickly before it escalated.

"Well," Elijah began making his way around the room, "The ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know."

Rowan crossed her arms across her chest now leaning against the wall uncomfortable with the talk of their literal impending doom saying, "The moonstone."

Elijah gave her a nod before telling her, "A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each."

"And where do I fit into it," the doppelgänger asked curious.

"The final part of the ritual," Elijah began as he walked over to the bookshelf and took a small wooden box from the shelf telling her, "Klaus must drink the blood of the eldest doppelgänger... To the point of your death."

Damon looked at Elena worried and angry as Stefan took her hand telling him, "And that's where you come in."

Elijah opened the box pulling out a small glass bottle, "This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation."

Confirming she asked, "So I'll be dead?"

The original nodded saying, "And then you won't."

"That's your plan," Damon snapped at the original. "A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" He looked to Elena offering, "You want to come back to life, what about John's ring?"

Remembering the rules of the ring Rowan said, "Those rings only work on humans. The doppelganger's a supernatural occurrence. Odds are, the ring won't work."

"I'll take those odds over your elixir," he snapped at Elijah. The dark haired Salvatore turned to Elena, "What if it doesn't work, Elena?"

Elena just shrugged telling him, "Then I guess I'll just be dead." Damon looked at Stefan who shrugged not knowing what else to do, it was her choice. Damon looked at Elijah and left the room in a angered huff. "Do we know if Klaus has everything he needs to do this? Does he have a werewolf?"

"Klaus has been waiting to break this curse for over a thousand years. If he doesn't already have a werewolf, my guess is by tonight, he will."
____