kidnapped, again

the vampire diaries 2x17 know thy enemy

After Isobel arrived at the house last night Rowan decided to leave to give the family time to deal with things in private. But, that morning when she had woken up Elena had called and told her to head straight over, Isobel had something to tell them.

"Since I was last here, I've been doing everything possible to find Klaus. We knew our best chance was to find him before he could find you, and your friend Rowan. The moment I saw her I knew who she was," Isobel informed as they all sat in the kitchen.

Curious Stefan asked her, "Best chance at what?"

"Keeping Elena alive and Rowan from being taken," John answered.

The elder girl looked at him with a harsh stare, "You don't get to talk, ok, not after everything you've done." Speaking directly to her biological mother asking out of curiosity she posed, "Were you able to find Klaus?"

"No," Isobel answered her daughter, "Nobody knows where he is but there are these rumors that are flying around. That the doppelgängers and Rowan exist."

Rowan instantly sifted out of worry hearing the information. Interpreting the information John spoke up, "Which means any vampire that wants to get in favor with Klaus will be lining up to capture the two of you."

Elena and her friend shared disbelieving looks, Rowan voiced their thoughts telling them harshly, "Yeah, were not buying any of this. I may be new but that doesn't make me stupid."

Looking directly at Isobel Elena added, "The last time that you were here, you made it clear that you didn't give a damn about me. Now all of a sudden we're supposed to believe that you want to help us?"

Defending their mother John said, "Isobel's been helping all along. Klaus has been obsessed with finding Katherine for centuries. All it would take was any one of those 1864 tomb vampires to spread the word around that Katherine was still alive and it would bring him straight here to Mystic Falls, where you were bound to be discovered, so we killed them."

Elena pointed out casually, "And almost killed Stefan and Damon in the process."

Isobel walked closer to her daughter telling her, "I have a safe house that I can take you to. The deed is in Elena's name. No vampires can get in without your permission, not even me. Let me help you."

Elena got up standing directly in her mother face snapping, "You wanna help? Then get the hell out of my house."

As they were left alone Rowan said seeing Isobel wasn't moving, "You heard her, leave, now, or he'll make you leave." Isobel stared at Rowan and Stefan before giving in.

____

Rowan, Elena, Stefan and Damon were all in the living sitting around trying to make up a plan for how to keep the Gilbert and Davis girl safe. "Do you really think that Isobel's telling the truth that word's gotten out about the doppelgänger and the girl from the sketch," Elena asked.

"Look, I don't trust a word that she says, but I think we'd be stupid to ignore the warning," Stefan responded back to his girlfriend reasonably.

"You know, you should just stay here," Damon offered up the idea. "It's better for us to keep an eye on you," he elaborated.

Stefan looked at his brother as if he was crazy, "What, in the house that any vampire can enter? No. Their houses are safer."

"Well, then we'll stay there," Damon told him.

Rowan looked at them all slightly shocked, "So is that the plan? Neither of you will let us out of your sight again?"

Damon smirked at her, "Let me know when you come up with a better one, creepy."

Elena groaned as Rowan sent him a playful dirty look, "Fine. Then one of you 2 bodyguards is gonna have to come with us to the Lockwood luncheon, and you should probably come with me too Ro, to be safe.

"That'd be me," Stefan smiled while Rowan groaned in protest.

"Not me, I have witch stuff to attend to with the witch," he informed them.

"Does that mean that you're taking her to them," Damon put her finger up to her own mouth signaling Elena to stop talking.

Elena gave her a strange look as a voice said behind them, "Don't get quiet on my account."

Katherine slowly walked up behind the couch Elena was on making Rowan groan seeing her, "Hello to you too, weirdo," Katherine greeted her before looking at the group, "If you have a plan to combat the impending vampire doom, please do tell."

No one answered her, the two vampires plus the girls in the room all just shared looks of conspiracy. "Seriously," Katherine said angered by the fact she was being ignored by all of them. "What is the plan to get us out of this mess, hmm? I delivered you a moonstone, a werewolf, and the dagger to lure and kill Klaus, a werewolf, and right now all you have is a moonstone. Or so you tell me."

Damon spoke up assuring, "No, we have it. It's in a very safe place."

"I've been honest with you. Time to return the favor," she demanded from all of them.

"Let me be honest with you. Don't mistake the fact that we haven't set you on fire in your sleep for trust," Damon said nonchalantly from his spot laying across the arm chairs.

"Fine. Be that way," she said finally giving up and walking away from them frustrated.
____

Rowan, Stefan and Elena, stood with Caroline talking about Matt's disappearance as they waited to accept the grant. "Hey. Any luck finding Matt," Elena asked her friend.

In a clear panic as she became more fearful while she responded, "None. What if he tells somebody? What if he tells everybody?"

Trying to reassure her Stefan said, "No, we just gotta find him and make sure that doesn't happen." He looked towards his girlfriend asking her, "Do you have any idea where he would be?"

Elena with a frown responded honestly, "I wish I did, but he wasn't really one to run."

Sadly the blonde told them panicked, "You know, this wasn't how it was supposed to happen. You know, I was supposed to tell him at the right moment in the right way, and he was supposed to be ok with it because he loves me."

Rowan reached out grabbing her friends arm telling her, "We'll help you find him. Elena just has to accept this thing for Jenna."

Caroline nodded slightly relieved, "All right. Well, call me when you're done, and I'll be out looking for him."

As the blonde walked away Stefan held his girlfriend in a side hug telling her encouragingly, "Maybe he'll come around. You did." The couple stared at each other lovingly making Rowan smile happy they had each other.

"I'm gonna help Caroline look, see you guys in a bit," Rowan told them walking away before giving them the chance to tell her to wait.

As Rowan walked outside to her car Katherine sped in front of her making her jump. She looked at the vampire confused to see her as she greeted, "Hey there, weirdo." Before Rowan could even think Katherine put her hand over her mouth hitting her head off of her own car.