Chapter 3 - Stars

Start from the beginning

"Hmm... Rough time, huh? That's like," Clarence paused for a second, " 2 and a half month from now."

"So Jerric what were you asking a while ago?", I asked just to change the subject.

"Yep, anything to do to make this weekend a 'something'? Well Louisa's out of the picture for sure".

"Why not hangout to the twins' again? Play volleyball, movie marathon, indoor picnic and burn the kitchen to ashes. You know, the usual.", I suggested and they all nodded very slowly.

"Oh hey! Now that you talked about it, one of the seniors in the table tennis will be throwing a birthday party on saturday! How about it? Huh? Huh?", Jorenz said with all excitement, looking at us while playfully wiggling his brows on us.

"Sounds fun but hey, it's a SENIOR you're talking about and man, you know what always happens in those sorts of parties. Might just watch and finish Toukyou Kuushu and Avatar then." Jerric said and finished his soda. Well he might be obssessed with anime stuffs and a computer geek but he's not the kill-joy type. I finished my sandwich and threw the wrapper in an empty plate.

"Yeah. Alcohol, underage drinking, loud-banging music, and well, sex and drugs were mostly involved.", I said.

"You guys are sooo kill-joy,", Jorenz said and faked a tear.

"Max got a point and it's not like Mom's gonna let us do so, isnt she?", Clarence patted his brother's shoulder.

"You and Clarence just turned 17 a month ago, Im seventeen in next 2 weeks and oh same with Maxxie here. Jerric's still 16, though. Remember that Jorenz.", Louisa said while fiddling the fries in the gravy.

"Tsk. Im not giving up." Jorenz threatened and he fished out his phone from his pocket.

"Oh no. Not that again, brother.", Clarence said and just facepalmed. Louisa, Jerric and I groaned.

Something- or rather someone suddenly popped out from my head and I quickly looked up and glanced around the cafeteria still with the usual scene during lunch, but this person was just nowhere to be seen.

"So he's not here huh? That jerk.", I muttered under my breath."

----------------

The bell rang, indicating the end of our last period for the day. Man, I really hate Geography, what's worst is that it's in the afternoon schedule. Most of my classmates got up from their seats and began swarming in the door to get out from the hell they call a 'classroom'. I remained in my seat and fixed my things before I leave.

I bid goodbye to our Geography teacher and left. Heading towards the school gymnasium, I walked the hallways full of bodies of students. I can't believe Tita Cecil permitted her twins to go to the party.

(A/N: From the above, the word "Tita" is a tagalog word that means "Aunt". Max then refers to the twin's mother. Filipinos have this tradition of calling their friends' mothers also by "Tita" for respect and familiarity. Since he's currently living in the Philippines, I think Max applying some filipino stuffs will be good.)

So the saturday birthday boy is named Kenson and happened to be a son of Tita Cecil's friend. A while ago back at lunch, Jorenz took out his phone and called her mother for approval. Their mother didnt permitted them at first but after hearing that it was this Kenson guy's party, she seemed relieved and let the twins to attend.

Jorenz felt so proud being triumphant and the rest of us just groaned in defeat. In the end, we all agreed to attend, except Louisa due to his strict father's rules, but in one certain condition: finish all the homeworks first, no alcohol, no drugs, no sex, and we must go home before the hell in the party break loose.