Chapter 19: Intruders

While Master Tionne Solusar was waiting for them, they found her talking to a four legged lamomorph, in other words, a Kushiban, near her yacht Lore Seeker, as what she calls it, which will be their ride to Vjun.

     At first, Ahsoka thought Tionne was just caressing a pet. But as they got closer, she realized the Kushiban was talking.

     “Ah, Anakin Solo.” The Kushiban called, its long ears rose up as soon as it saw Anakin and Ahsoka approaching. “It’s been weeks.” He pointed its paw to Ahsoka. “Who is this?” It asked.

     “This is Jedi Knight Ahsoka Tano,” Anakin introduced. “She’s my master.”

     “Oh, I see.” He said. “Congratulations on your promotion, padawan Solo.”

     “Thank you, Master.” Anakin nodded.

     “Master?” Ahsoka repeated the word, her tone in question.

     “Oh,” Anakin turned to Ahsoka and gestured his hand to the Kushiban. “Master Tano, this is Jedi Master Ikrit.”

     Ahsoka raised an eye marking on her padawan, trying to make sure he wasn’t joking, but Anakin’s expression was serious.

     “Nice to meet you, Ahsoka.” Ikrit said as he held out his paw. He looked at her with his big round eyes that seem to change color, from green to different shades of blue. Cute but very intimidating.

     Ahsoka had trouble believing the Kushiban was a Jedi Master, since he was barely two feet tall. She shook out of her daze and forced out a smile. She knelt on one knee and shook Ikrit’s paw.

     “Likewise, Master Ikrit.” Ahsoka said.

     “We must hurry.” Tionne said as she saw Corran and Tahiri walking towards them.

     They all went onboard the Lore Seeker. Surprisingly, the astromech R2-D2 was with them.

     “Artoo!” Anakin said in delight. “I guess you’re coming with us, huh, buddy.” He said as he patted his head.

     The astromech beeped signaling he was glad to see them too.

     “Artoo, fire up the engines.” Tionne said. “We’re going to take a little trip.”

     Artoo beeped, went inside the bridge and Tionne followed. Artoo did as she asked and started the engines. Tionne piloted the ship out of the Praxeum and began to leave Yavin 4’s atmosphere, while the others sat in the briefing room.

     “Standby for lightspeed.” Tionne said, and then pushed the console that took the ship into hyperspace.

     Meanwhile, in the briefing room, the others sat quietly. The briefing room was basically similar to the Strategy Center back in the Praxeum. It had holoscreens on the walls, and a holoprojector table in the middle of the room, which of course, is completely hooked up to the HoloNet.

     The longer they stayed there, Ahsoka sensed something odd. She frowned.

     “You looked troubled, Ahsoka.” Ikrit said as he paced along the holoprojector table. “What is it?” He asked.

     “There’s something else aboard this ship.” Ahsoka said.

     Tionne walked in on them. “Everyone alright?” She asked.

     “Master Solusar,” Ahsoka turned to Tionne. “Is there anyone else onboard, besides the six of us and Artoo?” She asked.

     “No,” Tionne answered. “Why is that?” She asked.