Prologue

Y/N PoV:
I have had enough of this. Today is the day I leave this god forsaken house. I start packing the essentials since the monsters are out having Ice Cream. I pack some non-perishable food, some bottled water, some changes of clothes, and my weapon Holy Hellfire. Thank you Uncle Qrow for getting me this in secret. I head up to my room and grab a paper and red ink pen. I start writing two notes, one for Qrow and Raven, the other for the deadbeats. When I finish, I hear the car pull up. I smirk and grab a rock from a collection I started whenever I got to go outside.

Y/N: See ya never, you monsters!

I shout as I smash the window open and jump out. I start sprinting into the forest, without looking back.

Qrow PoV:
We just got back from taking those brats to get Ice Cream. As we head inside, we all hear the sound of glass shattering. We rush up to Y/N's room.

Tai: I swear to Oum if you broke something you worthless brat!

Tai says as he slams the door open. We all freeze up as we see the window broken outward and no sign of Y/N. I notice two notes and walk over. I grab the one addressed to me and Raven. I start reading it out loud:

Dear Uncle Qrow and Aunt Raven,
You two were the best family I could ask for. You always made sure I was okay in secret. You always came to visit me after everyone else had went to bed. Thank you Uncle Qrow for bringing me Holy Hellfire. I hope it protects me as well as you did. Aunt Raven, tell Vernal and the others I say hi, would ya?

Signed, Y/N Ferrum

Everyone gains shocked looks as Tai walks up and grabs the note addressed to him and the others. He begins reading out loud:

Dear monsters, I hope you rot in the deepest depths of hell. If you do not meet an untimely demise by the time I come of age, I will personally come and send you to the depths of hell myself. Don't keep the devil waiting, old family.

Signed, Your Punching Bag, Y/N Ferrum

Ruby: W-What does Ferrum mean?

Raven: Ferrum means Iron, he's rightfully chosen not to call himself a Rose because of you weaklings. Qrow, let's go.

She says as I nod. We head to the window and transform. We both fly out and head for the Branwen Tribe. Leaving those monsters to think about what they've done.

Timeskip 1 week, Y/N PoV:
I'm currently hiding under a pile of rubble. The village I stopped in was attacked by Grimm. I realized I had no ammo or fuel for Holy Hellfire too soon. I ducked under the rubble in hopes I'd survive. I hear two sets of footsteps approaching. I peek out and see two figures approaching. I curl up under the rubble in fear.

Vespid #108 PoV:
Me and Jaeger #309 are checking the ruins of a village for any survivors. I notice some movement under a pile of rubble. I approach and Jaeger follows. We both see a small boy, no older than seven, hiding under the rubble. I approach and kneel down. I put my rifle on my back.

Vespid: Hey, don't worry, we won't hurt you, come out please.

The boy nervously comes out. He looks around and sees the carnage for himself. He starts shaking in absolute terror. I quickly pull him into a hug and place his head in the crook of my neck.

Vespid: Shh... Sh... It's okay, we're here...

I gently pick the boy up and stand up.

Vespid: Where's your family?

I ask wondering why this boy is all alone in the ruins of the village.

???: T-They abused m-me for m-m-most of my life. I ran a-away a week a-ago.

Me and Jaeger gain shocked expressions followed by anger. I speak to the boy in the best soothing voice I can muster currently.

Vespid: Tell you what? We'll take you back to base with us and see if we can persuade Elisa to adopt you.

???: R-Really?!

Jaeger: Heh, yeah kid, we ain't gonna leave you out here.

He smiles, me and Jaeger instantly vow to protect his smile just from seeing it once. I hold him like a toddler as we begin walking back to base.

Timeskip 1 hour
Me and Jaeger arrive back at Headquarters while I'm still carrying the boy. We head directly to Elisa's office. We head in and Elisa instantly notices the boy.

Elisa: Who's that?

She asks. Me and Jaeger tell her what the boy told us. Her reaction is the same as ours.

Elisa: How could they do that to a poor child?!

Jaeger: Don't know, also Vespid told the kid we'd try to persuade you to adopt him.

Elisa: Hello child.

The boy turns to look at her.

Elisa: What's your name child?

???: My name is Y/N Ros- Ferrum. My name is Y/N Ferrum.

We all catch the name he was about to say. Rose.

Elisa: Well Y/N, how would you like to be my son?

The boy starts to cry as I set him down. He runs up and tackles Elisa in a hug while repeatedly saying Yes. Elisa giggles and pats his head as me and Jaeger smile.

Elisa: Welcome to the Family, Y/N.

She says as she stands up while holding the boy.

Elisa: Vespid #108, could you take Y/N to my quarters?

I nod and Y/N walks over. I pick him up and carry him to Elisa's quarters. I notice he's dozing off. I set him on the bed and cover him up. I lean down and kiss his forehead.

Vespid: Sweet dreams Y/N.

Y/N: G-Good night, big sis.

I gain a shocked expression upon hearing him call me big sis. I smile and walk back to Elisa's office and tell her what he said. She smiles.

Elisa: He seems to see all of you as his sisters.

I smile.

Vespid: He's lucky to have so many sisters willing to die for him.

Elisa nods and smiles.

(Author's note: Oh god my right arm hurts from typing all this.)