I shook that ridiculous thought out of my head and headed out the front door. I quickened my pace when a cold, gust of wind blew against my skin. I huddled myself more tightly together, trying to keep warm. Stuffing my hands inside my pockets, I smiled when I saw him leaning against the gate.

"You know," I started to say, startling him. He turned around as I laughed at his equally surprised face. "You could come in."

"I know, but it got you out here didn't it?"

"Thanks to that, I'm freezing."

Thomas stepped through the gate and took off his coat. "Here." He draped it around my shoulders and pulled my body flushed against his. My stomach did a flop when he put his hand over mine and squeezed.

"Won't you be cold though?" I asked when I felt him shivering against me.

"It doesn't matter as long as you're warm."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure." He grinned and entwined our hands together. "This is all I need." He winked and gave me a quick peck on the lips. I smiled despite myself. "Come on, let's go inside and warm up."

I nodded and followed. When we reached the front door, I looked inside for any signs of my family. When I saw no one, I opened the door wider for Thomas.

"So, what have you been up to?" I asked, once we were in the living room. I grabbed a seat and faced Thomas. "I haven't seen you in days."

"Work."

"For what?" I asked.

"Oh you know . . . stuff."

I frowned. Yeah, like that tells me anything. "Fine, don't tell me." I pouted as he continued to look at me with that stupid smile on his face. "Why are you here anyways?" I decided to ask.

"Well . . ." he began, his eyes transfixed on the ground. "I was wondering if you're um . . . free tonight?" His eyes finally glanced up at me.

"I don't think I have anything planned." He smiled hearing this. "Why?"

"I was thinking we could spend the rest of the day together. Like on a date."

"A date?"

"Yeah, our first date," he said excitedly. "How about it?"

I grinned. "I would love that!"

"Great! Go get dressed in something a bit formal."

I nodded and wasted no time running up stairs. When I reached my closet, I went towards the back, knowing exactly what I wanted to wear. It was a simple, white sweater dress that went a little bit past my thighs. The turtleneck portion of the dress may have been a little bit modest but it still gave off an alluring effect with how much of my legs it showed. Knowing how cold the weather is, I paired the outfit with some wool leggings and ankle boots. Smoothing the wrinkles in the dress, I made sure my hair wasn't sticking up in weird angles before adding a cute beanie to complete the look.

Wanting to get back to Thomas as soon as possible, I skipped out on makeup and ran downstairs to see him alone, still. "Ready!"

Thomas turned around at the sound of my voice. When he saw me, his eyes widened. I giggled, loving the way he looked at me. "You look . . . breathtaking, Izzy."

I blushed at the compliment. "Thank you." He was still staring at me intensely; a strange gleam in his eyes. "Where exactly are we going?"

He snapped out of his trance, his eyes going back to their normal blue. "It's a surprise."