Chapter 1

(Levi's POV)

The pavement sparkled as I walked home. The remnants of last nights party still present. My walk home was usually filled with thoughts of basketball but tonight was something different. I couldn't quite place it though. 

A boy in my class took my attention with his eyes that were like sapphires. I think his name was Eren or Erwin or something. He seems quite quiet but careful of what he does say compared to loud-mouth me. 

That's what everyone in the school calls me. A loud mouth with rich parents. Just because I live in the small compounds of Wall Sina doesn't mean I don't know the poverty of the outer walls. 

I heard panting behind me and turned to see who it was. Petra had caught up to me. Of all the people, it was her. She has a crush on me. Shitty four eyes told me that she crushes on me all the time in class. I don't like Petra in that way but I don't know how to tell her. 

"What do you want Petra?" I mumbled 

"I just wanted to see my most favourite boy in the whole wide world!" She replied bouncily. Isn't it hateful?

I walked silently along the road, listening to her incessant babbling about rounders or some shit. She's part of the rounders team whilst I play basketball for the school. I really couldn't give a damn about rounders. She gets very defendant about it and won't let anyone have their opinion on the sport. Stupid brat.

I disappear down an alley so I could get home quicker. I slipped away into my bedroom, past my mother who was passed out on the sofa, presumably drunk. 

(Eren's POV) 

I saw the most handsome boy in class today. I believe his name was Levi or something. He had the most striking grey eyes in the world. I think he's taken though as Petra seems to hang around with him a lot. I might ask him tomorrow. If he is taken it doesn't matter. I could always get a girlfriend I guess although those chances are pretty slim. 

I don't like taking risks. That's why my chances are slim. Hange has tried to get me to be more exciting but that didn't go down too well. She pushed me off a well know cliff that people jump into water from. It was terrifying but also quite cool at the same time. I daresay I might do it again. 

I turned on my music to dull the pain of existence. People say I'm a bit too existential and they often don't like much about me. Maybe, just maybe, I should stop existing...