twenty-six - real life

The party was supposed to start at eight o'clock but Daniel being super excited for a party told everyone to come at six so we have dinner before. You can drink more if you've eaten before. That's what he told me. So he bought enough food for all of us to have a barbecue and surprised Paul and me. Luckily, Harry has been spending the day at our apartment anyways.

"Are you sure you feel better?", he asked me again.

"Yes, don't worry. I'm fine again."

"Well, then let's have a good evening", he said kissing my cheek before Paul asked for him.

"You felt sick? As in love sick for another British guy?", Daniel suddenly stood next to me.

"Woah, don't shock me! And how you know about that again?"

"Paul told me."

"That little rat", I muttered, "I swear if you tell anyone you'll be stabbed, Mr. Daniel J Gillies."

"I won't tell anyone, you know that."

"I know, I just can't risk anything. Harry can't know, he'd be devastated."

"You're not even dating at this moment. All signs show us that you like Jomo."

"Psht, Daniel. I'm here with Harry and you guys should be nice to him. Also, this is my apartment, I could throw you out."

"No you can't. Paul loves me and I'm your best friend, ha!"

"Then do your job being a best friend and bring me a glass of my favorite drink. I'll go over to the girls."

"On my way."

"So, you basically almost fucked Joseph but you're still here with Harry?", Leah welcomed me.

"Leah! That's inappropriate. We didn't.. we just.. you know, I don't need to talk about that."

"We're you're friends and here for telling you what your heart really wants. And that is the British blonde haired man you keep looking at."

"You say it right, man. Meaning like a man who's too old for me and taken and just not interested in me."

"Not interested?", Riley exclaimed loudly, "He keeps staring at you, does that all the time! When we're on set you're the first person he asks about. He never stops kissing you when Julie screams "cut". He brought you a rose on Valentine's day because he knew you're not dating anyone just to make you smile. He doesn't to that to anyone else."

"Okay, you guys can stop now. Psht."

Just right in that moment Danielle came up with Louis holding hands, "Hey, what are you talking about?"

"Just that Harry and Liz should start dating again. Why are you taking so long?", Claire lied for us but Danielle seemed to understand.

When she wanted to comment on that, Nate came throwing me around, "You're playing beer pong with me. We have a title to defend!"

"Actually", I started with an innocent smile, "Riley made us switch up the teams."

"Uh, excuse me? If that is what it I think it is then you're going to be stabbed, Riles", Nate threatened her.

"If you want to refer to Freya you know that she's a witch and stabbing her with a piece of wood through her heart doesn't help?"

"You're a true Kol, mate" I laughed about him looking helpless now.

"Who's going to be on my team then? Please, Liz, you're the best."

"I know, thanks", I grinned, "But sadly for you Jomo, Daniel, Riles and I decided to do a little family game."

"Well, Kol is a born Mikaelson."

"Yeah but Klaus and the others like my character more", I shot back sticked my tongue out.

"Then excuse me girls, I'm going to steal your boyfriends."

He took Louis with him going to Paul and Harry telling them something. When everyone was ready we started our game. The price is always that the winner gets a free wish from the loser. This time - no actually I should say as always - my team won. Nate was devastated, he usually won. Daniel instantly ran to Paul acting as if they were a couple again. Riles hit her foot against mine to make me see that Joseph looked at me again. So I tried to show her better.

"You know that I got a wish free now", I seductively said to Harry who returned my smile as always.

Out of the corner of my eyes I saw Riley shaking her head and starting a conversation with Joseph.

"I'll do whatever you want."

"Sorry to interrupt, but can I talk to you for a second?", Joseph suddenly spoke to me.

"Uh, I'm talking to Harry right now."

"Don't worry, we have the entire night for us", Harry smiled at me, "Claire and Leah wanted to talk to me anyways."

He was so nice to me and I couldn't even be honest to him. He deserved better.

"What do you want?", I asked my acting partner coldly.

"We need to talk about what has happened. Don't interrupt me", he started when I wanted to cut him off, "I like you and I know you feel the same, you actually told me that already but I wasn't sure about it. I don't try to separate you and whoever you want to be with. Just know that it's wrong to raise his hopes when it's me who you want to be with."

"Can I talk now?", I asked annoyed, "So you're better? You're engaged, Joseph."

"If you want us to work out, come to my trailer tomorrow. We can talk about it."

"I-"

"Think about it. But don't forget what it felt like when we were finally close to each other."

With that he went off.