Part 3

I knew after that, it all of a sudden turned real. Sure Fire winner was now a real horse. He won the Kentucky Derby, now he must win the Preakness.

Oh Bop was ready. I know I've said that before but it's the truth. He's ready to beat my boy Sure Fire Winner.

Finally, about 2 weeks later, it was time for that race. A big semi truck hauled Sure Fire Winner into his stall making a screeching beep backing up.

The two men grabbed Sure Fire Winner clinching their hands around his halter. Sure Fire Winner led great but there was something off.

I looked down the aisle of stalls as the men loaded him into his. There at the paddock, my eyes caught Oh Bop and his owner. There were many people with cameras and many people without, but not one to my horse.

So as my cocky self, I walk up to Oh Bop's stall.

"Hello."

I run Oh Bop's nose. It seemed like he liked it and was a complete new horse. He was nothing like I thought he would be like. He was kind and gentle.

"Uhm.." I hear a mumble behind me.

I turn around.

"This is my horse." The man who owned Oh Bop mumbled.

"I know." I said as I turn back to Oh Bop. "I just wanted to say hello to the stallion who might win." I said, rubbing his neck gently.

"Guards! Please tell her to leave or I may press charges." The man says walking away as many guards and police walked around me.

"No need to fret, I'll leave." I said walking back to my horse.

Sure Fire Winner ate his feed in his bucket. He was calm and it was almost like I saw Fever in that stall.

"Run good today, okay boy?" I smile as I walk away. I couldn't believe how fast time flew by. Last time I looked, it was 2 hours from the race, now it's 2 minutes. I couldn't believe it.

People started dragging Sure Fire Winner out of his stall, saddling him up, and before I knew it, a man yelled "Riders Up!" I knew at that moment, the race was right around the corner. Literally.

Oh Bop bucked and pretty much dragged the men to the race track. The man who owned him, sat tapping his foot to the hoof beats of the stallions trotting.

"And they're off!" The announcer yells and the horses take off in the flash of lightning.

Sure Fire Winner took the lead but not for long. Oh Bop was right behind him. I swear this time, Oh Bop's hooves were smoking and I don't say that about every horse. I knew Oh Bop wanted the lead and not just him but the jockey and his owner.

His horse had the front page of the newspaper. I was shocked. I knew the crew and I had to step it up.

The first turn of the race, it was about 1:50:4. I kept an eye on my watch as the second turn came around. The thunder of horses running was so loud. Every hoof that touched the ground I would count. I had a timer and everything that I thought I needed.

"He's gonna do it... He's gonna do it!" The announcer yells but I didn't have a clue as to who he was talking about. Was it my boy or that man's stallion? WHO WAS IT?

Again, an unofficial winner...

"This can't keep happening!" I panicked.