Chapter 2- Small talk

Creaks in the floorboards were not something Isodola was used to wake up to. At first, she was startled, thinking that someone might have broken into her small house. Isodola let out a fast breath of ease as she recalled how she had brought Mowbrae over last night.

She was honestly quite glad to know the purple haired elf had stayed.

Isodola tossed on her usual cream shirt with the blue shorts. Though she had a bit of a struggle pulling up the light blue socks.

After slipping on her brown boots, Isodola hopped downstairs.

As she had heard, Mowbrae was already awake. They were sitting at the well-sized dining table Isodola had bought, with two plates.

It smelled delicious.

"Morning Purps." Isodola slightly cringed at the nickname, hoping Mowbrae wouldn't mind, "What's this?" she pointed at the plate.

Mowbrae's hair was in a messy bun and they had the same paper they were scribbling on at the bar. They turned around a smiled, "Bacon, and eggs, I bought them at the market this morning."

"Wow, you didn't tell me you could cook!" She exclaimed, "Are you a chef?"

They shooked their head, "No, but my dad taught me how to cook when I was a kid and I guess it just stuck."

"I bet your dad was a good chef."

"He was a commander actually."

Isodola's head shot up to face Mowbrae, her mouth still slightly wrapped around her fork. Man, Mowbrae was a really good chef. But their father was a commander!? "Your dad was a commander? like in the war?"

Their face darkened and they turned their eyes down. Maybe this was a touchy subject.

At first, Isodola had been overjoyed to hear more about Mowbrae. She really did want to get to know them. Not just because they were a hot elf she met at a bar. But because they clearly had some sort of story to tell.

"Yeah, he was a good one also." A tinge of disappointment hit Isodola as Mowbrae stood up and grabbed their plate. She hadn't even realized how much she had been wanting to converse with Mowbrae.

They had gone to the sink and began to wash their dishes when Isodola stopped them, "Hey, Purps you know you don't have to do that," she reached for the plate, thinking Mowbrae would move. Instead, she put her hand directly on theirs.

Mowbrae and Isodola stood there. Accidently holding hands, neither of them having pulled back just yet. "MOWBRAE, MOWBRAE THE HOT STRANGER, I'M HOLDING THEIR HAND!" Isodola screamed in her head. She was blushing, she could tell. Mowbrae had slightly turned their head so their long purple hair blocked Isodola's view of their face.

A little pink tint had shone through for a moment and Isodola couldn't help but wonder if Mowbrae was blushing too.

Finally Mowbrae pulled their hand out and put on a probably forced smile, "I insist Isodola, you've done so much for me already just letting me live here."

This time Isodola did it on purpose. The dark-skinned elves hands reached out to Mowbrae's. They stood there for a heartbeat as Isodola's eyes climbed up to meet Mowbrae's sharp blue eyes.

They didn't seem scared or even shocked for that matter. They just seemed curious. Curious of what the hell Isodola was doing.

Half of Isodola didn't even know what she was doing. She kind of wanted to kiss them but knew that would not be smart since they met one day ago.

"Mowbrae, I uh-" Too much pressure, "Think that's a great idea!" Isodola burst upstairs and fell front first into her bed before proceeding to scream into her pillow. T

That could've been smooth! That could've been a great moment between her and Mowbrae and she just had to mess it up!

Burying her head in her pillow, Isodola thought back to the moment.

Mowbrae hadn't looked angry, in fact, they just were a little confused. Perhaps if Isodola hadn't run off they could've had a nice conversation where Isodola could marry them? NO WAIT THAT'S WAY TO EXTREME.

Being left with her thoughts was really what Isodola needed. But a flash of burning heat and a loud boom caused her to sit up. Fire wasn't normal around here, she needed to get Mowbrae out as soon as she could.

Isodola rushed downstairs to find Mowbrae standing in the doorway. Their eyes wild.

There was only one word Isodola could say to summarize what she saw.

"Elementals."